• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shipping Favorite / most Reliable

Jeff grossman

Living the dream
so what's your favorite / most reliable shipping method ( parts , supplies , customers )- FEDEX - UPS - UPS GROUND - USPS something else ?
I shipped a power supply from PA to CA on Monday at 8:00 am said Thursday or Friday delivery got an E mail Friday the item was delayed due to Covid in china and the war in Ukraine - PA -> CA maybe weather but war and Covid ?? now Monday delivery ( UPS Ground ) I'll give them the benefit of maybe they sent the wrong message or maybe Easter weekend.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
USPS Priority Mail (air) is beating the private carriers to us at about 1/3 the cost.
Some of the boxes do look like they were loaded by pit bulls but most are packed well enough that the contents survive.

netsol

it used to be there was almost no difference in price between ups and usps but a week or two back i had to send a payment (cash ) for a machine i bought
usps was $27.50 & ups was $57 for the same location 1 day delivery

it pains we to use the post office, i was always a loyal ups person

a

ikarasu

Usps has added oversize package fees this month...

I used to be able to ship 30" decals on a small 4x4x30" box for $10. Now I've had some rates be $30-40 with the new fees. Anything over 22", FedEx/ups is now way cheaper.

Any parcel shipped with an impacted service with any side exceeding 22” in length will be subject to an additional $4 surcharge. For larger parcels, if its length exceeds more than 30”, or the parcel is over 2 cubic feet in size, it will be subject to a $15 surcharge

rossmosh

PirateShip. UPS more than USPS recently as the rates have become very similar at this point. I won't touch FedEx. Too inconsistent due to their company structure.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We ship quite a bit both UPS and FedEx. Ups has been slightly more reliable by the numbers.

Usps really does well for small packages under a few pounds. Anything larger needs one of the private carriers.

IsItFasst

We used USPS exclusively for 20 years since most of our packages are small and light, which made the most economic sense. But a few years ago (especially once Covid hit) their delivery times and excuses were out of control. Priority Mail packages would regularly take 2+ weeks to get delived domestically on a 200 mile trip. Several times a week they would pick up and not scan in the items for weeks (or just lose them completely). I finally made UPS my default so I didn't have to deal with 10 emails per day from customers asking where there package was or why we haven't shipped yet. We still offer USPS, but if the customer chooses that option there is a disclaimer/warning stating delivery may take weeks longer than expected. Yet, the customers who choose USPS are always the first to ask after a few days "where is my package?". I have been relatively happy with UPS as they rarely loose anything and if they do, they own up to it right away instead of making excuses like USPS.

GC Decor

Super Printer
USPS is best for small packages under 2LBS, we ship a ton with them. UPS ground gives good rates to residential and larger packages. FedEx is good for B2B, they charge a surcharge for shipping to residential. Ups and FedEx would be the more professional services, USPS is great but we loss the most packages with them and have the most “not delivered” claims with them. PA - CA Depending on the zip is a 4-5 day delivery time so Monday seems right. Monday shipping doesn’t count as a travel day for ground.

garyroy

Ouch, we just shipped a small box of printed items (12 X 12 X 6) from North GA to CA by means of UPS.
12 Pounds, $28. Man that hurts. UPS definitely needs competition.
When is Amazon getting into the shipping business?

GC Decor

Super Printer
Ouch, we just shipped a small box of printed items (12 X 12 X 6) from North GA to CA by means of UPS.
12 Pounds, $28. Man that hurts. UPS definitely needs competition.
When is Amazon getting into the shipping business?
You guys need to reach out to a UPS rep - If you ship any type of volume you should be getting a decent discount.

Scotchbrite

No comment
90% thru USPS, 10% by UPS. We haven't had UPS mess up a shipment (knocks on wood) but USPS has completely lost 1 and there have been a couple of 2 week limbos that eventually made it there.

Every once in a while I'll get something shipped to me via On-Trac and virtually every single time delivery gets delayed a few days.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
My experience with UPS is that they won't wheel and deal much unless you guarantee all of your shipping business goes through them including freight. That's something that I won't do. FedEx couldn't touch USPS rates.
I've had issues with every carrier at some point, damage wise, UPS is the worst. USPS hit a real bad spot where everything was held up and late but we haven't had a single issue in well over a year