• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shipping Signcade Deluxe, boxes?

bannertime

I'll need to ship some signcade deluxe's and I've already used up all the boxes I could get for them. I've looked at uline and some places like Chicago Box, and Crown Packaging. No one seems to have anything this size. 26-28in x 4in x 47-48in. Anyone shipping these out mind sharing what box they use? Many thanks in advance.

bannertime

Just put a shipping label on the signicade? Or just a roll of clear cling wrap, bind it up really tight, bunch some on the corners?
Those things are pretty resilient, but it probably does need something because those Fedex teaspoon peddlers have some impressive demolition skills.

I've honestly thought about that, and that may be what's required. Might put the signs in backwards and tape them in or something.

Andy D

If you have some beat up sheets of coroplast, they make awesome shipping boxes...
Just cut one side of a flute and then fold.

Or wrap it up in some old banner material, you guys do banners, right? :)

bannertime

Or wrap it up in some old banner material, you guys do banners, right? :)

Strangely banners are the least common things I've made since March. We stocked up on plenty of banner material but every one a-frames and other coro signs!

Billct2

We make them out of flat cardboard or scrap coro. Two pieces and then some caps. Or just two oversize pieces and tape tight

Last edited:

bannertime

Does Uline do custom sizes? I would have thought Uline would have something that fits, since they sell Signicade Deluxe a-frames. Might be worth calling your Uline rep.

I hadn't called yet. Really need something in stock. UPS has been absolutely awful with deliveries, so I can't trust getting custom ones made and shipped. Will take too long.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
We stock cardboard sheets and have box software to run on our Colex, not that you need any fancy software to make a box but it looks a lot nicer.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of cardboard sheets do you guys use for this?

Regarding the OP, we honestly use coroplast more than anything for packing large signs etc. Always scraps around and you can cut/slit/fold to make it work for almost anything.

unclebun

I think a piece of coroplast half inch bigger all the way around on each side, then wrapped in clear cling wrap is all you need. You can hardly damage a signicade, so it's about protecting the sign you've put on it.

bannertime

Just out of curiosity, what kind of cardboard sheets do you guys use for this?

Regarding the OP, we honestly use coroplast more than anything for packing large signs etc. Always scraps around and you can cut/slit/fold to make it work for almost anything.

I do like the coro route, but before this we rarely did coro in house. So we don't have much in scrap. We're looking into the plastic wrap, but really banking on palletizing and shipping to regions instead of individual stores.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
How many units are you talking? do they need to go out pre assembled? if not....have them drop shipped from your vendor to your client & ship the signs separately. Our vendor for those ships free 99% of the time and we only have to then ship the imprints themselves. Saves you and the client $$ in the long run if that route is an option.

bannertime

How many units are you talking? do they need to go out pre assembled? if not....have them drop shipped from your vendor to your client & ship the signs separately. Our vendor for those ships free 99% of the time and we only have to then ship the imprints themselves. Saves you and the client $$ in the long run if that route is an option.

I'll send a PM.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Very good idea.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
We've done this quite often and it keeps the shipping costs down esp. when doing larger orders like bannertime is talking about. Many times, its not via UPS but my vendors own trucks if they are within range of the branches. Its a win win for us and client alike.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We've done this quite often and it keeps the shipping costs down esp. when doing larger orders like bannertime is talking about. Many times, its not via UPS but my vendors own trucks if they are within range of the branches. Its a win win for us and client alike.

Yea, I sold a bunch of real estate signs to a client in Oklahoma. Made and shipped the faces and drop shipped 30 black frames from NGlantz local delivery. They were the slide in kind so assembly was easy. I made sure to insist on "blind shipping" but I never separated the cost of frame and sign so wouldn't of been a big deal if they knew cost anyway.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Glantz or Grimco...both top notch outfits IMO. Just had one client jerking us around saying they didn't get the H stakes I had drop shipped. Grimco driver took pics of where they were left just in case. ;)