• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shitter stickers!

Rmurray321

Greetings everyone, I’m looking for a product that seems to be escaping my grasp.

As the title states, I need to make some stickers for porta potties. The product I used was a General formulations high tack with overlay, and it seems to be peeling up after about a month. Flame treatment was used before applying the sticker and everything was cleaned properly…but the GF doesn’t seem to be doing the job

Any good product recommendations?

Rmurray321

Yeah it's great stuff. We stopped using the AE version but print tons of the regular HTAP version every day.
Yeah the AE with hi tack seems to defeat the purpose, I want my hi tack to peel skin off! This porta potty has been the only thing to defeat it so far

BigNate

try the Substance - I have used the 440 LSE (low surface energy...) this was designed for motorsports, but sticks very well to any trouble (low energy smooth) surface I have encountered so far - even sticks to the anti-graffiti paint they use on our schools!

victor bogdanov

Came in here expecting stickers with images biden , I can't be the only one

Capture.JPG

Rmurray321

try the Substance - I have used the 440 LSE (low surface energy...) this was designed for motorsports, but sticks very well to any trouble (low energy smooth) surface I have encountered so far - even sticks to the anti-graffiti paint they use on our schools!
Never thought of that material, probably a solid suggestion!

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Try the Drytac Polar Grip. I've had customers use it on Yeti coolers, trash dumpsters, and porta-johns like this. It can be applied in hot or cold conditions. They are also coming out with an air-egress version. It has a high coat-weight of high-tack adhesive. The stuff is awesome. The non air-egress version is sold for $301 for a 54"x150' by us but I'm sure you can find it local for around the same price...

Rmurray321

Try the Drytac Polar Grip. I've had customers use it on Yeti coolers, trash dumpsters, and porta-johns like this. It can be applied in hot or cold conditions. They are also coming out with an air-egress version. It has a high coat-weight of high-tack adhesive. The stuff is awesome. The non air-egress version is sold for $301 for a 54"x150' by us but I'm sure you can find it local for around the same price...
Actually I think that’s the stuff I was thinking I may need, as I remember you talking a bit ago about yeti coolers. I’ve got a fellers and Grimco near me, so they may have it!

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Exactly what I was going to say. It'll even stick to the blow-molded kayaks!

Christian @ 2CT Media

See I’m using the the HTAP-54 right now and it just peels up after a bit. Something about the porta potties just isn’t complying with the GF
Have you tried torching then wiping the surface before installing? I haven't experienced the issues you are describing and we have used it on everything including stainless steel and it just grips.

PolarGrip also works great and the Arlon 8200 series is awesome too. If you want dirt cheap high tack that works but is not for long term Arlon DPF-510MHT works great and is the cheapest high tack I have ever found.