• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SHOES

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I got some new shoes from KEEN. they are warehouse shoes. They look like black sneakers. But heres what's amazing! They have a carbon fiber toe...yea, a few months ago I dropped a roll of vinyl on my foot as I was loading it into my printer. It didn't really hurt but I lost a toenail. THEN, well, you guys know about static electricity. I have grounding mats under my laminator, but these warehouse shoes...yea, they are grounded. AND they are meant for concrete. So, in case ya'll are looking for THE SHOE. I found it!

JBurton

Signtologist
I either got boots on or puma indoor soccer shoes. The pumas are really helpful for climbing through cabinets or attics, as you can feel a piece of angle or rafter through the sole easily. Also they squeak like craaazy on a clean floor.

After having a few hundred pounds of substrate(mostly MDO) fall on my foot, I wear CAT(Caterpillar) steel-toe boots.
They fit me great(narrow feet) and have great grip and impact protection. I also use Dr. Scholl's "Work" inserts.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I was doing some stick welding for the first time in a while, and forgot how much spatter comes off burning metal. Luckily my old-man comfort-fit slip-on Sketchers absorbed almost all of it before it hit the floor and burned the concrete.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Attachments

• 61VTet5eoNL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61VTet5eoNL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 30

MikePro

KEEN are great. I also love my Reebok & CAT shop shoes. I still call them "steel toes" but they've been making new shoes with carbon fiber toes for a while now.

JBurton

Signtologist
carbon fiber toes for a while now
Not a fan of this concept, or at least with the composites. I rest a lot of heavy stuff on my steel toes, but with the composites they recommend replacement after an impact due to potential fracturing. There was a guy with a minisub who missed that memo...