• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Pics

Johnny Best

Build some that won't fall and hold weight, so HD can sleep better and not worry.
shelves.jpg

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Build some that won't fall and hold weight, so HD can sleep better and not worry. View attachment 132470

I had similar plans like you drew for the shelves but it was taking too long to make it that way. I thought I was overthinking it and grabbed L brackets from the dollar store. They are plenty sturdy screwed into the studs.

I built the shop sticks up myself and the last part was the shelves... I was ready for that project to be DONE!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Almost looks like a trailer. My shop might be smaller.

Trailer ! ? ! I thought it was a supply closet. Fooled me, when I didn't see a toilet or wash basin.

Our ceilings are about 15' high, so we put a balcony around 1/2 the shop and gained a second floor. Lotsa stuff hangs from the ceiling, too to keep it out of our way. Out in the garage bays, I used the bucket to put things up and outta the way, too. That ceiling is 16' high. If I remember, I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Trailer ! ? ! I thought it was a supply closet. Fooled me, when I didn't see a toilet or wash basin.

Our ceilings are about 15' high, so we put a balcony around 1/2 the shop and gained a second floor. Lotsa stuff hangs from the ceiling, too to keep it out of our way. Out in the garage bays, I used the bucket to put things up and outta the way, too. That ceiling is 16' high. If I remember, I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it.

Supply closets are bigger... As for the toilet, there is a back door and grass.

wde5tRgcBbdNTPP2bF0jtOKkbWVVc8bvBV3ccCIHUC4XXvyjp8SMxCqh50CtUWXaV7KG4kDSBGkFLsZECV9cQDDXblfiVw8_2FhtZmQmeaoTI5MQpcGD0gKoAsPLvm5MXzahv_adGXM=w1190-h669-no

N34ntYXvxGuQh3Z3rvjYjazpXQE68fkCJggc_03PAa3qgWsfYbwo7GACWFhvF1lVNTWEon6xyEJ_Q2v8lWcM2uWMZoA8i6YftIf04YN4-5kHnTlftDMRCbDSvyR-2v30PoQOoFmyjsM=w1190-h669-no

jDTAIuDpDJ_vvce4qhedPubRwwtLc1iQztK1bg8qMD2JKwlHdVLQpgSctkYNHB7ZEzpvZEjxhKEUz90Piugbkw29a5t9suLyHcBLs56mSA4FPoz_HiBBZ_hEzmcCv_AK67IsNc99O64=w1190-h669-no

VcPKbCiUHGsfXS07RTdwoMMpe4sZhCNl68GZY1RYibqpCOvRWSslGgsdaoDeHzIXn0zEyP8lKi45t-OncmqCnN6MajbWGvIALti00NMD6INsZyx0G4-hs21GR4vv6LJb6GUbGPHjB_k=w1190-h669-no

XYKBG9OBB7ZWAZTu9InhaLmv0Sqq_nAn0YndiSGt83HPltg7IdcsAz9uKlIABsnI_4dVpKn4b_r_w1ArFwv7ZuWpK66SqfmcOE3_07aFzlatyxdE1ZLKjdcNQOOf1aa02WaZMrYbmsI=w895-h669-no

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Very nice shed. Is that your shop ??

Here are 3 photos of our shop. The truck bay area can house up to 5 vans at one time and still have room both sides, front and back. We raised the roof to 16' for almost 60', so we could put tractor trailers in there, too.Heat out there isn't great, but in our 17 years there, it has done well.
The other is our old paint room, which still sees a lotta painting, but more vinyl work is done in there, these days. It's also the place that houses most of our tools and the Keen Cutter and Fletcher. The far end is a one-armed bandit with racks. The other picture is the reason for this post. We built a second floor around the top of our flatbed room. This was the original vinyl room, until 2009, when we purchased our flatbed. There are more rooms and work areas. The whole shop is around 8,800 sq ft

shop 5 bay.jpg
shop everything room.jpg

shop flatbed and stuff.jpg

2B

this has to be one of the cleanest shops I have every seen, is it always like this or for your party?
with the way you are using the lighting, is the plotter vinyl for production or wall art?

Thanks for your compliment 2B! My shop openend this month, but it will be always this clean.
I've got a big storage place (which is not on the pictures), and a little stockroom stockroom. Here I can store my supplies and stock, so everything stays clean.
It's around 99% done, it's just need some glass doors in the wooden/glass wall. This way I can make sure the printer, plotter en laminator are as dust-free as possible.
The plotter will be used for production. Is it possible for me to add some extra LED-lightning on the black rail which is mounted to the ceiling.

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm from The Netherlands.)

TimToad

Thanks for your compliment 2B! My shop openend this month, but it will be always this clean.
I've got a big storage place (which is not on the pictures), and a little stockroom stockroom. Here I can store my supplies and stock, so everything stays clean.
It's around 99% done, it's just need some glass doors in the wooden/glass wall. This way I can make sure the printer, plotter en laminator are as dust-free as possible.
The plotter will be used for production. Is it possible for me to add some extra LED-lightning on the black rail which is mounted to the ceiling.

"but it will be always this clean"

Yeah, sure it will be. Don't forget to send us a photo in a year or two.

DerbyCitySignGuy

Very nice!

(Your English is fine, better than some of the native speakers on this forum, even. ;) )

TimToad

We have 2,500 square feet total with half being office, design and print/lam areas and the other "dirty" half is where the truck bay, sheet material storage and fabricating areas are.

Attachments

• Shop ##.jpg
    Shop ##.jpg
    442 KB · Views: 651
  • Shop #1.jpg
    Shop #1.jpg
    460.2 KB · Views: 617
  • Shop #2.jpg
    Shop #2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 602
  • Shop #4.jpg
    Shop #4.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 636

TimToad

Hèhè, I Will. The storage is a mess though.. :D

I'm still in awe of the floor in the vehicle area.

With those 6-8 weeks of vacation you europeans enjoy every year on average, I can tell where you must spend part of yours. LOL

At least we Americans can use the excuse that we just don't get enough time off during the year to properly clean our shops.