• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

should i convert to 3rd party solvent ink ?

Frank.Lo

Any Suggest !

I am upset , the cost is high if i am useing original comsumable .

Custom always complain about the price .

Because i am worry about the competition , lots of the printing

shop useing the 3rd party comsumable to cut down the cost .
:help:

Frank.Lo

3rd party solvent ink !

Just finding a 3rd party solvent ink for ROLAND SOLJET .

And the price is US$ 25 per liter in FOB .

I will going testing first.[ 2 sets ROLAND SOLJET 740 ]

And to see what's happen ?

Barry

Frank.Lo said:
Just finding a 3rd party solvent ink for ROLAND SOLJET .

And the price is US$ 25 per liter in FOB .

I will going testing first.[ 2 sets ROLAND SOLJET 740 ]

And to see what's happen ?

Here in the US Traigle makes probably the best aftermarket ink. Ive been using them for over 6 months now without any issues. Now this is a Mild solvent ink which bonds better than the OEM Roland inks and is about half the price.

Techman

I need some help on this.
I use encad inks. And, I find the cost per job for ink negligable. And, I am guessing that roland inks are about the same price from the info on this post. How can another signshop who uses non OEM ink charge that much less to really make a differnece?

jayhawksigns

On the Mimaki side of things, oem ink, runs about $120 for the 440ml carts, our bulk ink runs $100 a liter. Its true that there isn't a HUGE difference in the cost of the ink, but remember to times that difference by the number of inks you run, then that difference gets a little bigger. It really adds up over the long run though.

Here is a link to NuSign's website showing their cost estimation for a year between bulk and oem ink, http://www.nu-flex.com/nusign/ave-on-ink-costs-switch-to-bulk-inks-p-191.html

Theres your cost difference.

Frank.Lo

please note after view this post , agree or not .

:Oops: Just check the viewer 98 , but the reply only 3 .

I need the suggestion from all viewer .

I will received the 3rd party ink from china , after the testing will plug the announcement on it .

then i will going testing other brand . Thank 's !

Should i convert it ?

motmot

Frank.Lo said:
:Oops: Just check the viewer 98 , but the reply only 3 .

I need the suggestion from all viewer .

I will received the 3rd party ink from china , after the testing will plug the announcement on it .

then i will going testing other brand . Thank 's !

Should i convert it ?

Where in CHina? I plan to import inks from China to the Philippines. Maybe you can help me find a distributor of these inks :)

Frank.Lo

Just Received The Inks For Testing And Got Two Damper From Techway Company [ Hongkong ]
I Am Busy To Do The Iccprofiles For The Rip Software , Till Now Everything Seem Allright .

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
I recently received some sample prints that were printed w/ the Triangle mild solvent and was very impressed. I rubbed as hard as I could with alcohol and the ink didn't come up. I applied a solvent clearcoat on it and couldn't pull it off with packaging tape. Roland's Eco-Sol Max inks come right off with alcohol and solvent clearcoats attack it.

The triangle inks are definitely cheaper if you go bulk but the cartridges cost the same. The triangle inks are definitely hotter than Max inks because you have to change parts on your printer. From what I here the odor is about the same and the color gamut is equal.

I will probable change over eventually but need to look into warrantee issues etc.

Frank.Lo

Mike Paul said:
I recently received some sample prints that were printed w/ the Triangle mild solvent and was very impressed. I rubbed as hard as I could with alcohol and the ink didn't come up. I applied a solvent clearcoat on it and couldn't pull it off with packaging tape. Roland's Eco-Sol Max inks come right off with alcohol and solvent clearcoats attack it.

The triangle inks are definitely cheaper if you go bulk but the cartridges cost the same. The triangle inks are definitely hotter than Max inks because you have to change parts on your printer. From what I here the odor is about the same and the color gamut is equal.

I will probable change over eventually but need to look into warrantee issues etc.

Thank's Mike Paul
:help: Could you please tell me which parts need to convert ? if i useing triangle inks .

Barry

Mike Paul said:
Pumps, wipers, and dampers I believe.

You are correct. These are all parts that are extremely weak on the Roland machines and have a good chance of failing even with the Max inks. These are all wear and tear parts.

sittinglow

When I Changed Over Just From The Old Oem Inks To Max, Our Dampers Went Out, But Im Scared To Go To Bulk, Because Of The Warrenty!

jgolo

Warranty

sittinglow said:
When I Changed Over Just From The Old Oem Inks To Max, Our Dampers Went Out, But Im Scared To Go To Bulk, Because Of The Warrenty!

I believe Triangle and/or NuSign will cover anything that Roland would of under your normal warranty period- as far as the ink delivery system.

John