• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shout Out To Gino

John Butto

"he is in a better place"

I miss Gino. he might have ripped a few people but he also did give solid and good answers to questions.
"I can relate, did I tell you about my flooded basement"

Attachments

• marlenegino.jpg
    marlenegino.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 251

skyhigh

In memory/tribute (wtf'ever), can we at least add a new smiley face Fred?????

What Would Gino Say?
We'll never know !!!!!

Attachments

• WWGS.jpg
    WWGS.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 261

Bly

In memory/tribute (wtf'ever), can we at least add a new smiley face Fred?????

What Would Gino Say?
We'll never know !!!!!

.........................................................................................

Signed Out

Free gino.

I haven't been on as much lately, so don't really know what all the drama is about. But I always found gino to be one of the more knowledgeable on here and very willing to share his knowledge. Harsh and rude at times, yes, but so is life. People are offended to easily these days, seems everybody wants to be a victim, makes them entilted...

phototec

Free gino.

I haven't been on as much lately, so don't really know what all the drama is about. But I always found gino to be one of the more knowledgeable on here and very willing to share his knowledge. Harsh and rude at times, yes, but so is life. People are offended to easily these days, seems everybody wants to be a victim, makes them entilted...

:goodpost:

I agree 1000% with the post above, over-all, Gino has helped me many times when others didn't.

Ok Fred, you showed Gino who the boss is (you're the man), now let him back on, for a first offence you don't give someone a LIFE sentence, just a few days in jail?

You could tell him he is on PROBATION, and if he blows it, the next time it will be a 6 months sentence....:omg:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
:goodpost:

I agree 1000% with the post above, over-all, Gino has helped me many times when others didn't.

Ok Fred, you showed Gino who the boss is (you're the man), now let him back on, for a first offence you don't give someone a LIFE sentence, just a few days in jail?

You could tell him he is on PROBATION, and if he blows it, the next time it will be a 6 months sentence....:omg:

#1: It wasn't a first offense. Problems with Gino have been going on for years.

#2: Yes Gino was helpful ... particularly if one was an old hand and accomplished in the craft. He was also rude, mean-spirited, is perhaps delusional, and cost this community hundreds of members. He was also campaigning to get members to stop posting here.

#3: A probationary reinstatement was offered and was ignored.

#4: I'm not going to detail out anything here. You can believe it or not, but it was well deserved, long overdue and a number of older, highly valued and respected members have returned who had left because of Gino.

I don't pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes. But if hundreds of posters have allowed themselves to be driven away by someone, anyone -- even an old **** like Gino -- maybe they weren't cut out for internet message boards in the first place.

letterman7

But if hundreds of posters have allowed themselves to be driven away by someone, anyone -- even an old **** like Gino -- maybe they weren't cut out for internet message boards in the first place.

It wasn't just on the boards. Gino also attacked in private messages, just unrelenting on any subject he thought he knew more on than the original poster. I'm on quite a few boards and manage more than a few... it takes quite a bit to have someone's privileges revoked.

I'm definitely not defending Gino. Sounds like he was out of line. I'm just saying you can't be attacked on a message board unless you choose to be. Ignore function, for the win. Block private messages if it is possible. If not, just delete them without reading them.

phototec

#1: It wasn't a first offense. Problems with Gino have been going on for years.

#2: Yes Gino was helpful ... particularly if one was an old hand and accomplished in the craft. He was also rude, mean-spirited, is perhaps delusional, and cost this community hundreds of members. He was also campaigning to get members to stop posting here.

#3: A probationary reinstatement was offered and was ignored.

#4: I'm not going to detail out anything here. You can believe it or not, but it was well deserved, long overdue and a number of older, highly valued and respected members have returned who had left because of Gino.

Ok Fred, I really don't know all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on, (only you know that), so I stand corrected, I'm just one of those guys who likes to help anyone who I feel is being bullied, and not having all the info, I wanted to help Gino get anther chance, just as I would want another chance if I made a mistake (and I have made a few myself).

Thanks for all you do for ALL OF US, Signs101 is a great resource.....:clapping:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't pretend to know what is going on behind the scenes. But if hundreds of posters have allowed themselves to be driven away by someone, anyone -- even an old **** like Gino -- maybe they weren't cut out for internet message boards in the first place.

Maybe some weren't but I can guarantee you that some were and were sorely missed. I won't name them but I'm glad to hear from some of them again. And, of those who simply went away, we'll never know what some may have known that would have benefited many had they hung around.