• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Showroom Ideas

SignStudent

Any suggestions on useful things to have for a showroom?

i.e. somewhere I recently saw a picture of a banner that had different sized rectangles on it like 4'x10', 3'x8', 2'x6' or something like that and it had different sized letters as well. I can't remember where it was though, anyone know what I'm talking about and where to find that picture again?

The things I do already have which I see commonly recommended are a list of fonts to choose from, a color chart printed from my printer for color matching, and a portfolio printed out and put in a binder. I'll probably invest in a decent looking digital picture frame soon to replace the binder.

Does anyone recommend carrying some sort of impulse items like stickers or something? I'm near an army base so I keep some army crests on hand for quick easy money.

Thanks,
Patrick

SignManiac

If you have enough space in your showroom, I'd concentrate on real wall samples with as much variety as possible. All the charts can be kept in a three ring binder. It's easier to sell what you can show. A nice example of a banner, some better designed magnetic signs, small sample signs showing blasted and carved. If they can see it, smell it, touch it, you have a better chance of selling a better variety of work.

Although I'm not a retail store, when the rare client does stop by for the first time, they can get a pretty good idea of what you are all about. Here's my wall gallery of examples.

Attachments

• showroom gallery.jpg
    showroom gallery.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 77