• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shuttle Bus Wrap Price Check

OhioSigns

Looking to see your guys thoughts on a ballpark price for a wrap on a shuttle bus. Wrap would be full coverage using 3M IJ180CV3 with 3M 8518. Pictures of the bus are attached. I quoted this project and the organization came back saying I was over $3k higher than their other quote which I'm about 99% sure is from another local shop that works for minimum wage and is a hack. Just curious to see what the majority of you guys would estimate this job. I quoted $7,430 and that would be creating some pretty detailed artwork from scratch, printing on 3M IJ180CV3 with 3M 8518 and prep / installation.

upload_2020-2-24_11-4-44.png

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Design, print and install. I think I your pricing is just fine. I quite literally finished installing a wrap on a bus the same size. Just a slight difference in the back.

The sides are straight forward but then you have the “bubble” above the cab, the back is fun to work with too! Not to mention are you removing the side mirrors or wrapping around them? I’m also sure you have vertical moldings on the sides. Wrapping those full coverage? Clean up any silicone etc. Quality installs take time.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
with what vinyl, and who did the design? i'm just curious, not doubting you.

180cv3 and including design

on of my buddy was just telling me one shop not too far from either of us did a sprinter wrap for 2600. full wrap. with 180cv3

fresh

180cv3 and including design

on of my buddy was just telling me one shop not too far from either of us did a sprinter wrap for 2600. full wrap. with 180cv3

thats like, at MOST $6 sqft, installed. If you have any issue with the install or print whatsoever, you are pretty much paying them to wrap the van.

Robert Gruner

Looking to see your guys thoughts on a ballpark price for a wrap on a shuttle bus. Wrap would be full coverage using 3M IJ180CV3 with 3M 8518. Pictures of the bus are attached. I quoted this project and the organization came back saying I was over $3k higher than their other quote which I'm about 99% sure is from another local shop that works for minimum wage and is a hack. Just curious to see what the majority of you guys would estimate this job. I quoted $7,430 and that would be creating some pretty detailed artwork from scratch, printing on 3M IJ180CV3 with 3M 8518 and prep / installation.

View attachment 145675
Ohio Signs,

The age old conundrum...low baller...bottom feeders. Most of the posters responding to your question are spot on. Unfortunately, your client has been spooked. Somebody is quoting the job at damn near 1/2 your quote. I think I would send him a link to this Signs101 forum and ask him to read your question and the responses. Then sell your job. You might lower your price with the understanding that your customer knows you will provide the best completed product. Here I would press Caveat Emptor...or buyer beware.

OhioSigns

Ohio Signs,

The age old conundrum...low baller...bottom feeders. Most of the posters responding to your question are spot on. Unfortunately, your client has been spooked. Somebody is quoting the job at damn near 1/2 your quote. I think I would send him a link to this Signs101 forum and ask him to read your question and the responses. Then sell your job. You might lower your price with the understanding that your customer knows you will provide the best completed product. Here I would press Caveat Emptor...or buyer beware.

After he sent me an email saying the other quote was over 3k less than mine I suggested that he get more than 2 quotes to get a fair idea of what a quality wrap should be. To be honest I don't want to do it for less than what I quoted because I am like JBurton and will spend a lot more time going the extra mile and that is one reason the quote is kinda high because of the amount of labor I am figuring in the job. I honestly don't care one way or the other if I get the job or not. I am plenty busy doing other things and this thing is more of a headache than I currently need. If I get the job then I'll be happy to take the money and do it but if I don't I'm happy because it's just one headache I don't have to deal with.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I find myself consistently on the fence as to whether I even want to do such work. I have the printer, all the gear, the experience and skill, but when I'm personally tied up wrapping, a bunch of other departments that depend on me are slowing down. I suppose this actually boils down to a personnel issue for me personally, but why bother is what I keep thinking.
I just priced a big custom box truck (custom in the good way, flat finished seems, no rivets, very easy install), 225"x110" area of coverage in 5 panels per side, at $2,949.69, in 40c and 8518 lam. My out of pocket to get everything, plus cost on labor puts me at 1262.79, not including burden. So I'm not quite doubling my money by the time we figure in overhead and all. I can make some channel letters and hang them for 1k out of pocket and come back with 3-5k.
In my main business, I stopped taking any work that required me to do a majority of the work myself or required an excessive amount of supervision. Steering the ship is not a personnel issue at all.
As for the box truck, I don't think that hypothetical jobs should have bearing on doing it or the pricing. If you don't have to do the work yourself (and be taken away from supervising), your shop has the capacity to do it at the time needed, it covers overhead and makes a buck, there is no good reason to turn it down. That's just my take on it.
I know you don't do this but there are a lot of people on here that thumb their nose at work because they could make more doing something else..... but don't actually have that something else so they twiddle their thumbs instead. Then have to pay their overhead with profit from the few jobs that they take on.

tattoo.dan

with the same material to be competitive here you would have to be about $4500...same as what other people (and you) are saying..in a lot less time and a lot less out of pocket I could do almost any other of the services we offer..And like was stated, if I would do this, it would tie me up and take me away from what I need to do for other more profitable aspects of our business..like you said..go make real money in less time for less headaches