• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign design and wayfinding business owner with experience in fabrication

HarrounDesigns

Ever been lost? I fix that.
Hello everyone,
I have about 2 decades of experience in the industry, from running CNC routers, lasers, weeding vinyl, 3-D rendering extrusions, etc. and now own a sign design and wayfinding company, providing all of the service-related aspects of a sign project. Looking to learn about new technology and products on here, as well as keep up with general knowledge of sign making and techniques to be a good designer. Feel free to hit me up with any code or ADA related questions! Happy to help out anyway I can - I'm a huge sign code / ADA sign geek.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Welcome! You're knowledge sounds like it could be very useful to many on here!

People often post logo or sign designs looking for help, there's quite a few extremely talented and knowledgeable members here. Some very in-depth conversations around design, copyright laws, fonts, etc.

Some of the conversations get very colorful, don't let it scare you LOL

Hello everyone,
I have about 2 decades of experience in the industry, from running CNC routers, lasers, weeding vinyl, 3-D rendering extrusions, etc. and now own a sign design and wayfinding company, providing all of the service-related aspects of a sign project. Looking to learn about new technology and products on here, as well as keep up with general knowledge of sign making and techniques to be a good designer. Feel free to hit me up with any code or ADA related questions! Happy to help out anyway I can - I'm a huge sign code / ADA sign geek.
Welcome to the Forum!
I have a question. The other day we were asked what the requirements for ADA signs on a construction site. I have been around and had never heard about this before.

HarrounDesigns

Welcome! You're knowledge sounds like it could be very useful to many on here!

People often post logo or sign designs looking for help, there's quite a few extremely talented and knowledgeable members here. Some very in-depth conversations around design, copyright laws, fonts, etc.

Some of the conversations get very colorful, don't let it scare you LOL
I was the youngest of 3 kids, my Dad served in Vietnam in the Marines, and I served in the Coast Guard. I don't scare easily, but I appreciate the warning! Hoping to learn a lot from people making signs and offering my knowledge of design, wayfinding and codes over the past 20 years.

HarrounDesigns

Welcome to the Forum!
I have a question. The other day we were asked what the requirements for ADA signs on a construction site. I have been around and had never heard about this before.
I'm curious about the application of the signs - what signs, specifically, would need to be ADA compliant, aside from informational signs having adequate contrast and copy being minimum 5/8" - ? There are a lot of OSHA and L&I required signs (warnings, regulations, etc), but I don't know about any that require tactile copy & braille. Any facilities on a construction site would likely be considered temporary...

HarrounDesigns

If you care to, maybe say how you track the way finding & ADA sign installation locations along with the overall project tracking.

Thanks in advance.
There are several ways to track all of that - from very basic (Illustrator LP's and Excel MS's) to very in-depth (SignAgent). I am old-school and track projects with a spreadsheet for now since I've only been on my own for 3 months. I use Zoho CRM for all my accounts and contacts, but you can use that for project management, as well. It's also free and very easy to use!

BigCityPrint

New to the wayfinding signage. I am starting out with a 6"x6" 1/8" or 3/16" black acrylic. I want to add white raised lettering to the face. What material are out there that I can laser cut and use as raised lettering for way signage. Does it come with an adhesive back?

JBurton

Signtologist
Any facilities on a construction site would likely be considered temporary...
Yeah, I think it stops falling under ADA and goes under OSHA when it is an active work zone. For instance, how many blind electricians are on site?
Oh, and welcome from the ark!