• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Estimating Software

delly

I've tried contacting them through email and phone and haven't had any luck. Maybe they aren't providing the software anymore. Can't download the trial off the website anymore either.

What version did they start with subscription?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
2.2.1.19 was the final non-subscription version.... so anything after that (I believe version 3) was subscription only. We are still running the final non-subscription version today. It does have its quirks and a few bugs but nothing terrible. At one point Mark the owner emailed me a .lic license file to make reinstall easier. With that, you install, let it open, then close it back down, copy the .lic file to the \ProgramData\Estimate\ folder and when you open it again its licensed.

If you currently have version 2, check for a .lic file in that folder and save it. That might let allow you to reinstall and bypass registration.
The actual instructions from Mark were

"1. Close EstiMate and drag the attachment from this email to the desktop.
2. Click your Windows "Start" button, click Search and in the search field type in "C:\ProgramData\EstiMate" (without the quotes), and press "Enter".
3. This will open up a window for the EstiMate folder. Drag the license file you saved to your desktop into this window, and drop it in any blank spot.
4. Now close this window and restart EstiMate."

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Hi: When's the last time you received a license file? I also still use this software and have for years. I just can't load onto new machines because it can't contact their license server. Is that your issue too?

Dan Purcell
Purcell Printing and Signs
515-331-7565

Dan - try seeing if you have a .lic file per my previous post above. If so that just might be what you need to install it again on other computers. On mine the actual full license file name is EstiMate2.lic.

KFrench

Anyone here know if there's a good way to export your estimates and invoices as pdfs or something readable by another program from here without having to go through each one manually? I'm needing to install the software onto a different computer, but no longer have the CD or installer files. Does anyone have an installer file for EstiMate2? I still have access through the old computer. I'd love to migrate to another program that does both the front and back end forms as easily as this. Beating my head against a wall here with my IT guy to find a workable solution and nothing so far.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
I'd love to migrate to another program that does both the front and back end forms as easily as this
Stay tuned. Consider Claris FileMaker as the platform, as I'm working on a viable solution. Much more later when I find the time. Focus on any best way to export EstiMate data in the meantime, although it won't be the end of the world if not. CSV, Excel, etc., Some PDF is OCR usable.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have a disc somewhere of Estimate. I can look for it over the weekend. It's from the 90's so not sure what version.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Anyone here know if there's a good way to export your estimates and invoices as pdfs or something readable by another program from here without having to go through each one manually? I'm needing to install the software onto a different computer, but no longer have the CD or installer files. Does anyone have an installer file for EstiMate2? I still have access through the old computer. I'd love to migrate to another program that does both the front and back end forms as easily as this. Beating my head against a wall here with my IT guy to find a workable solution and nothing so far.

Best way to export from Estimate is using the reports and print to Excel spreadsheet....
I've uploaded the version 2 installer here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hmG9cFaZGRgyZNw6X8XLcy7ETF8vMWKn/view?usp=sharing

Sky Bryan

I like LED's and wraps.
I was just at their website, estimatesoftware.net. They have been sending licenses like this for years and their website hasn't changed much. Upgrades haven't happened much at all. What writing on the walls are you seeing? You didn't say what it said?
It used to be estimatesoftware.com

Stacey K

I like making signs
I was not able to find my disc. As I think more about it, I'm positive it was one of these 3.5" floppy/hard discs - I'm thinking I tossed it because I don't have that kind of disc drive anymore. Although, IF I do run across it, I'm guessing someone has the ability to extract the info from it and I will update this post.

1701718746447.png

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Would love to have a copy of that disk

I uploaded a copy of the installer 5 posts up yall..... I did zip it is all. Its the original installer for the final Version 2 release (2.2.1.19). I also have the Multi User server setup file as well but your license does have to be enabled for that to use it (our license allows 4 simultaneous users).
Major tip - if you are still using Estimate (might have to set Windows to show all files and files extensions) you really need to see if you have a EstiMate2.lic file and make a backup of it. That is your actual license file. You can reinstall, then after the main install completes and it asks to register and do initial configuration, close it down and then copy the .lic file to its main install folder and restart it and it will be active again.

Last edited:

delly

If anyone has Version 2 of Estimate and wants to sell me their .lic file please let me know!

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If anyone has Version 2 of Estimate and wants to sell me their .lic file please let me know!

There will be an issue with that..... the problem is the business name and address that appears on every invoice and quote is embedded into the encrypted license file. So if you bought one - your invoices will forever have some other companies name shown in them. In the settings you can change the phone number and logo but not the name/address.

I just experimented using Windows Sandbox on installing it. I also discovered that if you have a lic file in the same folder as the installer, it will automatically use that and is pre-activated.
I think that is going forward, the only way anyone will be able to reinstall it. If the lic file is not present then you have to enter the serial number from purchase which will then download your license file from Estimates website. You can also when running Estimate select download new license file, that now fails since they are apparently gone out of business.
I also just checked - if you are a current user of Estimate, then your license file will be in your C:\ProgramData\EstiMate folder. This folder is normally hidden in Windows so you will need to show hidden files and folders - then copy that file to somewhere else as a backup. Also good to make a backup of your database once in a while. Another tip - hold shift, and click the top left round main menu button and another option will show up, Estimate Health Check which can be used to check the database.