• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Making Capabilities

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What are some sign making capabilities that you wish you had in your shop?

CNC?
Laser?
Crane?
Bucket truck?

What am I missing
Back to the OP.... I'd love an automated cutting machine, like perf cut labels/stickers. Table cutter, and or CNC capabities in I house. spend all day prepping files for production, and running machines. Don't have time to cut things down. Not in not the budget, but on my wish list :)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yo ed.........

Say what ya want, but you hijack someone else's thread, then ask non-related questions, then start going off on different people for being observant and last........ defending your lies with more of them ?? What's with joining all those years ago and not learning a single thing here ?? You say you found this place through google, but then contradict yourself with a friend telling you about it. Regardless of which route you take, you've still been here 7 years aND not learn a blessed thing.

You could use the search button for what you want, but no, you'd rather attempt your limited knowledge by mocking the very people from which you seek help. Nice move bowels aND good luck.

ED1989

Mimaki Technician
Yo ed.........

Say what ya want, but you hijack someone else's thread, then ask non-related questions, then start going off on different people for being observant and last........ defending your lies with more of them ?? What's with joining all those years ago and not learning a single thing here ?? You say you found this place through google, but then contradict yourself with a friend telling you about it. Regardless of which route you take, you've still been here 7 years aND not learn a blessed thing.

You could use the search button for what you want, but no, you'd rather attempt your limited knowledge by mocking the very people from which you seek help. Nice move bowels aND good luck.
Lol. Gino, I love people like you, is entertaining to see how much attention and detail you spend on me, thank you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not mocking anyone, just clearing this out, I have no reason to tell a lie, I joined this site a few years ago because of a friend, and I didn't spend much time back then (thank you for remember me why).
A few days ago, I was looking for info, I saw this site again, and have the dumbest idea to ask for help (not in the right way), so I reset my password and hijack someone else's thread with the help of...you :)
If you have any more questions or doubts, I'm here to help (not in a snarky way).

ED1989

Mimaki Technician

CNC?
Laser?
Crane?
Bucket truck?

What am I missing
Laser cutter, definitely, I always wanted something like glowforge, it's amazing what you can do with it.
I ended up buying a CNC router from Reaying because I need to cut PVC most of the time.
I'm currently deciding between a glowforge pro or a dremel LC40 :)

visual800

back to the original subject I have a 30" plotter. I did have trucks and got rid of them. I sub out all digital printing and anything done on router or flatbed. Dont want all that stuff its easier to let someone else worry about issues with equipment

DPD

CNC?
Laser?
Crane?
Bucket truck?

What am I missing
If you're asking this question to try and get a consensus regarding what direction to take your business then don't give the answers much weight because everyone's business and location is different so their product mix is different. If you're curious then I would've like a CNC - even a small one but now I don't think about it much because I'm retiring soon. At least I tell myself that and then another job comes in. I'm starting to think the only way out is to shut off the phone and website and then hide from my regular customers.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
For us, at the moment, more storage space for sure.

Improved inventory software would be next.

Pretty boring. I know.

If we branch out further someday, I feel like fabrics/dye sub is one direction or roll label would be the other.