• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Mounting on Metal Wall

Rebel Graphics

I’m making a custom size price board for a gas station and the wall has a metal panel. What will be the best way to mount it? Most likely the sign will be 30”x30” PVC panel with a letter track to change the prices (open to suggestions)

Attachments

• 77201100-C8B9-4912-A650-38836DE1CD4C.jpeg
    77201100-C8B9-4912-A650-38836DE1CD4C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 235

Billct2

I'd use an ACM panel, probably on a 1x1 Tube frame, then mount with clips. Beware, those panels could be steel, even porcelainized steel, which can be a bear to drill in.

TSC1985

Just self tapping metal screws, if steel predrill. Or if you really want to wow them you can make (or have any metal shop make) a 1" tube frame and attach that to the steel.

I would use ACM or aluminum sign however, PVC will warp in any direct sun.

ams

If it's thin paneling, self tappers wont' work. If it's thicker or mostly metal it will. If there is concrete behind it, just use 1/4" lag shields.

Rebel Graphics

So basically this is what they want with a rigid letter track and changeable numbers.... so plan is 1” Aluminum frame with 3mm acm double sided with either printed or cut vinyl... sounds good?

Attachments

• 30549E8B-2E3B-4454-85EB-7CA51A8DD614.jpeg
    30549E8B-2E3B-4454-85EB-7CA51A8DD614.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
So basically this is what they want with a rigid letter track and changeable numbers.... so plan is 1” Aluminum frame with 3mm acm double sided with either printed or cut vinyl... sounds good?

I don't like this idea. The ACM will scratch when you change out the letters. Use polycarbonate or lexan.

visual800

why do they want this? Do they not have a sign by road that depicts prices? screw the damn track to the metal posty thing and let it be all in one for their letters

Rebel Graphics

Texas: this will be exposed to the elements 24/7 thats why it was suggested the acm.

Visual800: Cash price signs are not provided by the company and client doesnt want numbers just slapped on a wall.

All: any $$ ballpark for this job? They will be 2 boxes for now and I have estimated about $80 worth of materials