• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign related phrases, or one liners...

Lunatic Taskbar

in one of the post a few days ago someone said a great one liner:

"Not having a sign is like winking at a girl in a dark room, you know what your doing but she doesn't."

I Just checked to give correct PROPS it was from SignManiac. Thank you!

Anyway that got me thinking does anyone else have any pearls of wisdom like this they would like to share.

Like "A good sign is the sign of a good business."

Or "A sign is a salesperson working 24/7 for free"

and "A sign is the initial handshake with a new customer"

and lastly "You wouldnt hand over a dog eared ripped business card, so why do you still have a bad flaking, rotting sign as your first impression?"

Thats just a few of mine. please feel free to add your own.

Ian

a business with no sign is a sign of no business.

it's hard to look professional when your sign doesn't.

when clients comment about how much money you are being paid for making their sign..."you will make much more money from this sign than i will"

Lunatic Taskbar

Nice ones Dan thank you.

I have a simular one:

I "when I remember" say you will make way more money with this than I did. as I hand it over or hand over the invoice.

Infact i may add it to the end of the invoice?

Ian

Boomer

"Our business is making your business look good"

I don't remember where I saw that,I will give credit to whoever...

Lunatic Taskbar

I love these phrases... Thank you ABPGrapics.

Could also use helping you build your business one sign at a time. (like bricks)

How about this one.

Flashing blue and red light in the rear view... thats a bad sign. working with us. now thats a good sign. lol

Ian

Jillbeans

My website sez
"My business is making your business look good!"

Pierre Tardif always said "You will make more money from this sign than I will!"

"Ask me about a Sign!" (there was always a T-shirt in SignCraft which said that)

"Get a sign and get noticed!"

...that's about all I can think of.
Love....Jill

Lunatic Taskbar

Thank you Jill I like them.

Salmoneye Thats a great one.

Its great to see these phrases that linger in one form or another. They all basically seem to sayL signs are good for you, or signs are good for your business.

I am trying to think of a witty one liner to sum it all up but I just don't have the wit or the linguistic gymnastics to come up with anything thats not been done already!

But reading these have been great.

Ian

idolturtle

I have the girl in a dark room one up on my office wall. I have also used the tag line "It's our business to make your business look good." I did a retro 70's display last fall that included "What's your Sign?" but I'm too chicken to put it on my business cards.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I used to have "See Me for Signs" on my rear window (similar to Jill's post). It worked phenomenally well for me.

Lunatic Taskbar

Ok just playing here. what do you think, Not so much sign phrases more like taglines.

Signs for the soul!

Signs with passion

Experience our signs for yourself

Our Signs will touch your soul!

Get the most out of your Business get our Signs

Our Signs possibly even better than you thought possible.

Signs have Unlimited possibilities

Show them they came to the right place.

Be different, be better, Stand out. (my favourite) I think i'm going to use this one somewhere!

Ian

John L

John Ruskin (1819-1900). His words of wisdom are as true today as they were then.
"It is unwise to pay too much, but it is also unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought is incapable of doing what it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot – it can't be done.

If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have had enough to pay for something better in the first place."