• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Topper

Andy D

My customer wants to add something to the top of their roadside monument sign.
Seems like I have seen these premade aluminum sign toppers offered somewhere, but I can't find them.
It only needs to something like .80 aluminum or similar.
Any suggestions?

This is just a random shape I created to show what I'm looking for;
1623185540531.png

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, what's the top of the sign made of ??
How do you intend to attach it ??
How will you keep it from blowing off or bending over ??
If' it's not securely fastened, how will you get a permit to do this ?? You don't want this breaking off and sailing around decapitating someone, do ya ??

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
If' it's not securely fastened, how will you get a permit to do this ?? You don't want this breaking off and sailing around decapitating someone, do ya ??
1. Discarded hopes and dreams of "Designers" who make their living making signs
2. Very carefully
3. Ensure that the sign is heterosexual before purchase
3. Decapitation looks pretty cool in the movies, I'd charge extra

Andy D

Maybe I should have put dimensions... This would go on-top of a smallish monument sign, the "topper" would be in the area of 1' x 6'.
.080 would be plenty stout & I would attach it via angle that would be screwed to the top of the sign.