• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signcut Pro v1 doesn't recognise the USB connection

Forty One

Is anyone able to shine a little light on this for me?

I have connected my Mimaki CG160 Fxii plotter to my computer via USB.
When I am trying to configure this plotter in SC, the USB path is not in the connection list.
I did do a trial of SC v2 and that definately worked. So I know there's no issue with the connection.
I've done the uninstall, re-install, Device Manager, turn-it-off-and-on-again methods, but I can't get this to connect.

netsol

plug the computer end of the usb cable into a different port (JUST DO THIS ONE TIME!) to see if it is detected on a differet port. you can download a program called "usb oblivion" that will clear all usb device history and let you start over, as though it was a virgin computer.

do you understand that any usb device that doesn't install properly & completely becomes a composite device in device manager? it may or may not be hidden

easiest way to begin troubleshooting is with a brand new flash drive from walmart for $6.98.
a bad usb port will do nothing when you plug itbin. a good one will get a drive letter