• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SIgnGo V1.12 & Master XY 300 Cutter Problem?

michaelj7

I am using SignGo V.1.12 with a Desay Master XY 300 Cutter/Plotter. When doing cuts, it sometimes goes nuts. Example I had a cutout that was 5" x 60". First cut went perfect. The second cut went half way and then the roller stopped turning and the cutting head went straight across the vinyl (cutting it) until the carriage went to the far and and just jammed up against the side. I have tried different cutting speeds hoping this would help, however it doesn't matter what speed I use, I get the same results. It seems to happen 2 out of 3 times (destroying tons of vinyl). Any one know if this is a software or a hardware problem, and is there a fix.

round man

the plotter probably has some issues with clearing the plot buffer memory,....try turning the plotter off and then back on before each cut,...this is a common issue with the lower priced economy plotters and a plotter reboot before each cut seems to be the only fix,....

michaelj7

the plotter probably has some issues with clearing the plot buffer memory,....try turning the plotter off and then back on before each cut,...this is a common issue with the lower priced economy plotters and a plotter reboot before each cut seems to be the only fix,....

Doesn't seem to help same issues. Funny part is that it happens sporadically. However it averages to about 66% of the time it destroys the vinyl. Not doing a whole lot of cutting right now, so I really don't want to have to go for a couple thousand for another plotter. Is it possible to expand to memory buffer?