• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signla, Mimaki, win 10

Kysignman

I have had Signlab for over 20 years and never had a problem. My computer hard drive crashed and I had to buy a new computer. The new computer has Win 10 , I had to upgrade the Signlab to 10. The old version I was using was Signlab 7 and would not work with the Win 10 computer. I have been down for over 3 weeks trying to get this thing to work. Singlab works, but it woill not print. When I send it to the print program, it rips and then goes to hold. i have had Singlab techs on the phone. What is strange is we got it to work and it printed fine for about 3 days and now is back to the hold again. I have changed the Firewire cable and I have tried a Paallel to ubs cable. My printer is a JV3160 SP. need help. Thanks

onan

I have had Signlab for over 20 years and never had a problem. My computer hard drive crashed and I had to buy a new computer. The new computer has Win 10 , I had to upgrade the Signlab to 10. The old version I was using was Signlab 7 and would not work with the Win 10 computer. I have been down for over 3 weeks trying to get this thing to work. Singlab works, but it woill not print. When I send it to the print program, it rips and then goes to hold. i have had Singlab techs on the phone. What is strange is we got it to work and it printed fine for about 3 days and now is back to the hold again. I have changed the Firewire cable and I have tried a Paallel to ubs cable. My printer is a JV3160 SP. need help. Thanks
Did you fixed it yet

Jimmtron

Is the PC recognizing the jv3 160?

Kysignman

We finally got the printer to work, it worked for about 2 weeks and had no problem until this moriing and again it stopped!! The program message Is the file is in HOLD, this is the 3rd time this has happened and it Is getting to be a real problem. once the file is in this HOLD we cannot do anything. When it works it prints fine, something triggers the file to go to Hold.

netsol

my experience has been. that sometimes, windows 10 is not our friend
it might be worth reformatting the pc in windows 7
from there, we can always do a dual boot to windows 10 goingforward

WildWestDesigns

my experience has been. that sometimes, windows 10 is not our friend

I think your being kind for saying "sometimes". In my experience, it's been "all the time", especially if running it in a production environment such as ours.

Win 10 is an awful OS, not so much with the aesthetics of it, but the ancillary aspects of it (especially with how it handles updates and telemetry (I know people don't care as much from the security aspect of that (which in of itself is something else), but even from a performance hit that compiling and deploying that telemetry takes on a rig is bad).

it might be worth reformatting the pc in windows 7
from there, we can always do a dual boot to windows 10 goingforward

I'm not a dual boot fan at all. This instance it's not so bad since it's similar OSs be dual booted, but that's a huge efficiency hit as well as other issues (hardware would have to be supported by both, that's going to get harder and harder to do with new rigs and having Win 7 installed on bare metal). Properly spec'ed out computer for VMing Win 10 would be the way the only way that I would let Win 10 anywhere near on of my rigs and I'm avoiding that for as long as I can. I'm so glad that I no longer have to deal with MS or Apple anymore at this time, but I digress.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Is it running through the firewire card still? If so the firewire card is recommended to be a Texas Instruments firewire card.

ButeSigns

Hi there, I’m running signlab 9.1 print and cut
Hi there, I’m running Signlab 9.1 print and cut and a JV3. Ive had the same problem, and I found that this happens when the resolution box is left blank in the print mode. I can’t remember the exact part of the RIP where this box is... but I’ll check in the morning ( In Scotland) an let u know.
Im having real problems with the colours, do you have a profile that gives decent all round colours?
Many Thanks

Bert Wondervan

There are two options: 1-SignLab print and Cut Mimaki Edition. 2- SignLab Mimaki Edition. Both editions work with Rasterlink rip.
With SignLab Print and Cut, no Rasterlink rip needs to be installed on your PC.
You can also use SignLab with DigitalFactory as Sign and Rip software for your Mimaki.