• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab and Vista

geb

Will e6 work in the new Vista program, or is the upgrade to 7 needed?

I've been reading there may be certain upgrades software programs may need with the new Vista releases, where in relation to Vista will Signlab users have any problems?

Should I be using SP2 with my version of e6? I've read on the website here to not download SP2.

Thanks Rod or members for any answers.

George

Rod

Vista support in next build of SignLab 7.1

geb said:
Will e6 work in the new Vista program, or is the upgrade to 7 needed?
I've been reading there may be certain upgrades software programs may need with the new Vista releases, where in relation to Vista will Signlab users have any problems?
Should I be using SP2 with my version of e6? I've read on the website here to not download SP2.

There are technical details to Windows Vista that require much software (in general) to make subtle changes to how data is stored behind-the-scenes. The challenge for the developers is the relative "newness" of the Vista release. Even though there was the previous Vista Beta, it was the actual Vista release that needs to meet compliance.

Official Vista support for SignLab is looking good, though I would recommend that you wait until SignLab 7.1 build 8 becomes available (getting close).

With respect to WinXP SP2, I am not certain why you would have been warned away from applying that service patch.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

mander0104

Rod ,
If we recently purchase 7.1 print and cut do we get a free upgrade to build 8 so we can use it with vista,btw how is it working out with vista
Thanks

Rod

Updating to build 8 is done via Start menu >> All Programs >> SignLab group >> Update SignLab.

There are some restrictions for using under Vista, such as installing under user administrator rights. There should be an "Installing SignLab under Vista" document posted soon. I'll let you know when it becomes available.

Cheers,

Rod at CADlink

N2Harpz

I'm hearing that Vista has a lot of "BUGS" in it yet. Several people I know have upgraded to Vista and are not happy. Lots of freeze ups. Also Vista double checks all software and internet usage. So all your software better be legal or Vista will shut you down.

Then again that's what I heard ... I haven't tried it. So take it with a grain of salt.

Techman

vista sux. for the short term. That is until the vendors get caught up. And if they will wright you a new driver.

In the long term it will be ok. Then when longhorn comes out you will have to pay another $400 plus get a new machine to run it. That wil be in about 24 months????.