• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab for Versaworks 8.1, new install on Win11 - dongle error not found

daxtraj

You get this message when you use the wrong license files with your dongle.
You can install your software with another license, but when you start the program, your USB dongle does not recognize the license and you get an error message.

Check the "Dongle Number" printed on your dongle with the software dongle number.

Email cadlink software and provide the dongle number printed on the dongle. You get the right license.
I'd like to look into this possibility

Is the licence specific to a PC? ie. is it checksum based, generating using the PC's specific parameters

or can the same licence from the old PC be transferred to the new PC? I have a saved folder with a licence file in it on the old pc, but not sure how to transfer it, or where it goes?

d fleming

Is it possible you were running windows 10 in 32 bit just for the software? When I had my pc built with win seven I was told I could do that in 10 somehow for my older version of SL, 8.1 like you. As it is just a pc for work station I opted for probably the very last dell ever built with 7 lol. I still think your problem could be the 64 bit vs 32 bit butting heads. I got a dollar says if you pay cadlink the 75 bucks they simply tell you to give up 425 more to upgrade giving you credit for the tech charge. Than again they might wnat the whole 575, lol.

WildWestDesigns

Is it possible you were running windows 10 in 32 bit just for the software? When I had my pc built with win seven I was told I could do that in 10 somehow for my older version of SL, 8.1 like you. As it is just a pc for work station I opted for probably the very last dell ever built with 7 lol. I still think your problem could be the 64 bit vs 32 bit butting heads. I got a dollar says if you pay cadlink the 75 bucks they simply tell you to give up 425 more to upgrade giving you credit for the tech charge. Than again they might wnat the whole 575, lol.
That would be handled in the compatibility layer, which the OP said ran it in several. The only contention would be if there were specific SP mode that needed to be done (typically this was more for the XP compatibility mode, but it may affect others as well). Otherwise, dlls are loaded dynamically as needed, rather it's for 64 or 32 bit.

Have to realize that this is Win 11, other things could have been pulled or changed that would make a change to even from 10 to 11 go from working to not working.

As much as people like to think, can't really always expect a piece of software built to run on previous versions of Windows to always run on the latest and greatest, despite the amount of legacy bloat that helps with that.

The question that I have to wonder, is all of these rhapsodies worth it compared to just upgrading to something that will more than likely work on newer hardware (or go the VM route or get a legacy box)?

Neil

Try this:

Go into VPM - under Help you'll see "Update licence file".
Click that and see what happens.

netsol

isn't this one of those hardware certificate validation issues (sorry i am drawing a blank on the exact wording, we are not crazy about windows 11 & i only bother with 6 or 7 IT clients these days)