• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab not saving work

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
On Right is the first time I went in and created the file and started the layout. I ran out of time and went back in the next day and added more to the file and sent it out to my customer at that point. Today I opened the file and the work that I added in on day 2 was not saved. Thankfully I have it in an e-mail and can upload it back into the file and go from there.
The thing is that this is happening a LOT! I would just figure that I forgot to hit save and forget it if it was only one file but this is happening so often that it is an issue. Work orders will be sent to production and they are done wrong because the file has not been saved with the updates.
Signlab also double prompts about saving your files so I know that this is not being forgotten all of a sudden.
I have 9.1 and it is updated to the latest version.
Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Do overs are starting to add up!
Thanks for any help I always appreciate the feedback!

Attachments

• Signlab issue.jpg
    Signlab issue.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 180

heyskull

I don't know if this is the same issue you are having but all our work saves to a shared server.
Sometimes if the server or work station has rebooted due to upgrades or maintenance signlab will save to a default location.
Also make sure where signlab is saving to is the same place it opening files from.

Do a scan of the whole computer for the file.

SC

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Search came up with nothing

Yes, my IT gal went thru everything as well as compared email proofs to the cloud backups. It is just a crazy phenomenon that I hope will be fixed with a complete reboot of my server which is a hell all its own at the moment and I am going to be posting some questions in another thread.