• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signlab Vinyl 9.1 Question

Leslie C.

I am using Signlab Vinyl 9.1. Been using it for over a year and am very much a newbie still as there are many features I don't really utilize for what I use it for. I have a message populating that I have not come across. I am getting a message when going to cut a job stating "there are small tiles in your job, do you wish to continue". Anyone know what this is and why it is happening. I can't see anything in my job that would be causing this and this message has just started to pop up. Its not every job that I try to cut but about 60% of them. Any help would be much appreciated.

d fleming

It usually means that your plot is out of the range of plotter settings. For example your plot is 29.7" width and machine is at 29.6"

And I'm hardly a new member. been here for years.

Last edited:

Leslie C.

Oh that makes total sense because I noticed it is just leaving out the outer line. I'll try and adjust the plotter settings. Thank you so much for your help your a life saver!!!

Leslie C.

You were so helpful last time I thought I would ask ya another question. I asked the newbie forum but haven't seen any responses. Do you know of a way to change the order that signlab cuts the items in a job? For example I have square item with text inside and I want it to cut the text first then the box. I see an area to cut and sort but it cuts the second set of items next to the original versus cutting it within the original if that makes sense. Thanks for any help you can provide!

signdudegraphix

There’s a cut sequence button that I use. Once you’re in that setting click on each item in the order you want it to cut. If you click outside of an area it will assume you’re done and cut the rest in the order it was before you started. Hope this helps

I’ve been using signlab since version 3, back in 1994. I’ve made the switch to flexisign designer because there are features that work better in each software so I use both.

gabagoo

There’s a cut sequence button that I use. Once you’re in that setting click on each item in the order you want it to cut. If you click outside of an area it will assume you’re done and cut the rest in the order it was before you started. Hope this helps

I’ve been using signlab since version 3, back in 1994. I’ve made the switch to flexisign designer because there are features that work better in each software so I use both.
Me too!!!

signdudegraphix

I started with a kroy cutter with 10 fonts in 1993. Got SuperBOSS Jr with 30 fonts 6 months later. Then got Signlab. I’ve used and upgraded it to version 10. Then tried FlexiSign.
Now most of our work is in photoshop, with FlexiSign and Signlab for anything vector related. Now we’ve added a CNC router to mix. Add VCarve Pro to the list.

Never stop learning.

Gary1

And make sure cutting default is set to Database.