• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SIGNS 365 BOOT PRINT VINYL PREMASK QUESTION

sbnm48001

Hello, I'm using signs 365 boot print vinyl and I am having a hard time getting a pre mask to work. Any suggestions on the best application mask to use?

sbnm48001

I think most of the time this stuff is put down without any application tape. I dont do a lot of this stuff though.
That's what I've been hearing but I'm working with a large logo that is contour cut and has to be masked. Might have to just cut a template and puzzle piece it

amw

Longtime Members
Even though signs365 is about 20 mins away from me I dont use them very often. However when I have the vinyl is usually not weeded. So you could use the vinyl you would normally weed away as a perfectly spaced template.
IDK if they still do that or maybe they weed the stuff they ship to make the packages lighter. (I pick up my orders usually).

sbnm48001

Even though signs365 is about 20 mins away from me I dont use them very often. However when I have the vinyl is usually not weeded. So you could use the vinyl you would normally weed away as a perfectly spaced template.
IDK if they still do that or maybe they weed the stuff they ship to make the packages lighter. (I pick up my orders usually).
Thats a great idea. I ended up finding a mask that worked. Thanks for your help

Johnny Best

Boot vinyl is really thick with a rough lam to install on floor. He cannot get a transfer paper to stick to the rough lam S365 uses. I have used it and when you put it on where you want it it is stuck. You can just peel off backer and place down. Just put on clean floor and pencil mark some guides and remove backer and slowly install within marks. Pretty simple without pre mask which you do not need.

gnubler

I got a mailer from S365 with a sample of that material, it's $12.50/sf! I thought about ordering some for floor graphics in my shop but got sticker shock.

sbnm48001

I got a mailer from S365 with a sample of that material, it's $12.50/sf! I thought about ordering some for floor graphics in my shop but got sticker shock.
Well, tell us all what kind of mask worked.
First off to answer why I needed to use a mask. I wasn't installing the graphic on a floor I was installing it on a course brick wall and it was a graphic that contained several contour cut pieces and I needed to keep them together. I used a clear marine shrink wrap tape that worked great. It is very expensive and I now realize that there are other options for walls and at the time I was told by Signs365 this was my only option. Since finding this Forum I realize there are other options. Thank you to those of you that gave input and suggestions. I'm not new to doing graphic installs but I am to using them outside of the Marine world.