• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs365 charging double for fast service

JoySigns

Really unhappy with Signs365 new "HIT" service: in order to get something shipped promptly, they are charging double the printing fee if you want it shipped in what used to be their normal timely fashion. Now when I send an order in on Friday I won't get it until Tuesday. Might be time to look at other print suppliers. Suggestions?

TheSnowman

I'm not sure you're reading that right. The HIT service is for same day shipping. I think it's an amazing option personally. If you don't pay for it, it still prints and ships the next day.

All that being said, I've ordered stuff without rush, and it still has shipped the same day. It's just not guaranteed.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Has anybody noticed how many companies are rolling out "preferred customer" and "loyalty" plans? For a fee, you get perks, bonuses and privileges not available to non members.

I blame Sam's Club for starting this kind of crap...and the insurance companies with their "multi-vehicle discount" policies...and I'm sure there's a few more I could blame, but I can't think of any at the moment...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
HIT is for it to be shipped and sent out SAME day. They rose the price but also extended the deadline. I ordered a few HIT service orders yesterday and poof, they are here in Texas from Michigan in less then 24 hrs later...pretty amazing if you ask me.

Ordering Friday and getting Tuesday has always been the same. If signs365 is too slow for you, maybe you shouldn't be outsourcing that job! Lol

Kottwitz-Graphics

I don't use that "hit" service. I don't need anything that fast.

I have found that they are slacking on their qc. I put in an order, and it was (2) different files, with (4) maps on each file, for (8) maps. They were the same map, but different "you are here" arrows on each map. Well, I got the same print twice, and I didn't qc it. Applied, and delivered. Customer called me, so I pick the (4) signs up, called signs 365, told them the file I needed, and they reprint... except they print the file I already had. I call them back, and they tell me to put the file I need in my basket. They print, and it's the right file....i didn't apply for a couple of weeks, and then notice there are ink spots under the laminate.... when I email about the flaw, I didn't even get a response back... I needed up just reprinting at my expense... $75...

I figure I'm going to have to qc the day I get the print...

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Of all the orders I've done with them, it's rare I have a problem. Twice I've gotten an order in with MORE prints then I actually ordered.

JoySigns

I'm not sure you're reading that right. The HIT service is for same day shipping. I think it's an amazing option personally. If you don't pay for it, it still prints and ships the next day.

All that being said, I've ordered stuff without rush, and it still has shipped the same day. It's just not guaranteed.
Nothing I have ordered recently has been shipped the same day, no matter how early the order was placed. They have changed their service is what I'm saying.

JoySigns

You place an order on Friday don't receive it until Tuesday, and that's not fast enough?
I know that is fast turn around but it is not as fast as they used to be up until recently. I would place an order on Tuesday morning and have it delivered on Wednesday. Now they want to charge double for that. I AM waiting that extra day I won't pay double and no I don't usually need it that quickly.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I know that is fast turn around but it is not as fast as they used to be up until recently. I would place an order on Tuesday morning and have it delivered on Wednesday. Now they want to charge double for that. I AM waiting that extra day I won't pay double and no I don't usually need it that quickly.
I don't think they've ever had next day turnaround without extra charges. Maybe I'm wrong.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker

Your example of ordering Friday and getting Tuesday is normal... They don't work during the weekend.

Ordering Tuesday morning and getting it Wednesday CAN happen without that extra charge... but normally it should be there Thursday... you can get lucky like that sometimes.

Signs365 is not that hard to figure out... Why are you having so much difficulty understanding it? Everyone else here seems to understand just fine how they ship.

asd

i don't know of any trade on non trade printer that can have your order out the door the very next day much less delivered to your door in 2 days, so signs365 is one of the fastest printers out there

visual800

Do not rush and do not accept rush jobs UNLESS you can produce them out of material you have in your shop. Plain and simple. If you need something fast you can bet the farm it will not be there fast. Something always goes wrong with rush jobs, why I do not know. I have found when customers demand they need something NOW most times they really dont and they will wait.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I'm shocked at how Joy Signs thinks they are slow. It's nothing short of amazing how a company can print, laminate and ship an item in hours.. and how FedEx picks up the trailer, fly's the thing to Memphis, then to Dallas, then to a local distribution hub, then on the delivery van to my house in less then 12 hours overnight.

Old Guy

I put that whole mentality into the 'Walmart/McDonald's' category. We have all grown accustomed, so used to things not 'now' but 'right now'. "Do you want fries with that?"

TimToad

We've never had to return an item from that source and have actually received items in UNDER 24 full hours depending on the timing of entering the order. Nothing short of remarkable service.