• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Since last Versaworks update the print and cut is reversed?!

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
Just updated to 6.14.0 version and now If I wanna print and cut the printer first cuts the vinyl and then prints on it?!?!? Really weird. The printer beeps when the cut is done and also beeps when print starts?! I don't think it beeped like this. It makes me look at the printer because I think there is an error or something bad happened.
Not sure if I like it that it cuts first. I mean it's cool because I won't waste ink if for some reason the material skews and something get messed up in a major way but since the printer won't continue to print on it but I think I am more concerned about the ink is penetrating the cut and makes the edges curl and head catching something in the meantime...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Cutting before printing is actually meant to prevent curling. It should be an option you can turn off though. Unfortunately I don't know how.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
It's in the cutting options menu (cutting controls) up at the very top you, there is a drop down (Operation mode), and you can select print & cut, cut & Print, print only or cut only.
Yep. my bad. Never seen that before.

Fantazia

If you think, cut and then print is better (if you don't laminate). This is because the rollers don't press the freshly print media, and there are no marks.