• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Six foot cutout PVC sign

Pideas

I'm trying to create a six foot contour cut 3mm PVC sign of a person. This will be a stand up sign.
What kind of stand or holder can I use to make this PVC sign stand up by itself?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just make a large duplicate of a cardboard easel. I imagine this is for inside display ??

We just did quite a few of them and I would not use anything much less than 10mm COr-X or 10mm alumalite. 3mm is probably gonna bend over, unless it's not very large. Ours were a little over 7.5' tall.

Pideas

Yes, its for indoor use. I was going to use 3mm pvc but may go with the 6mm instead.
I'm afraid the sign still won't stand with an easel back. I will give it a try though.

AGinVT

Unclebun is right. You can make your own easily. We usually use either coroplast or foam core to make our easels. Just use a small cardboard easelback (attached image) as a template for the angles, score the straight side that makes contact with the cutout (an inch or so should do), fold back the flap and adhere to the cutout with double-sided tape. I found a nice image that you can copy and scale and attached it here. You'll want the easel to be about 2/3 the height of the cutout and you can always add a second one if you're having a really hard time.

Also, 3mm is definitely going to be floppy. We usually use a high density foam board like Gator or Ultraboard for interior and coroplast or ACM for exterior depending on the client's budget and how long they need it to last. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Image 6-8-21 at 8.53 PM.jpg
    Image 6-8-21 at 8.53 PM.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Image 6-8-21 at 9.08 PM.jpg
    Image 6-8-21 at 9.08 PM.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 152

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
While you should probably make your own, if you don't want to, uline sells them: