• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sketchbook Page of the Day!

Circleville Signs

OK - The other day I realized that it has been more than a month since I just picked up a sketchbook and a pencil, and drew something.

That's ridiculous!

So, I went and bought a new sketchbook and I will be filling at least one page/day from here on out. Thought I'd share the results here and see if anyone wanted to join me in this little exercise!

Today I drew the small skull, with the intention of drawing a couple more from different angles - I was so disgusted with the skull and it's proportions that I scrapped that idea and started doodling. The sad little flying creature below is what came out of that.

Attachments

• 9_28_11.jpg
    9_28_11.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 113

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I'll join in! I'm almost to a weeks worth just today. :p

Here is today's doodles.

sketch of typography for a personal font, couple pages of typographic logo ideas for later use, a page of whatever and a wierd cat stitched ... thing.

Quality is crappy cause I'm a little excited and used my cellphone to quick capture.

Attachments

• IMG_20110928_154636.jpg
    IMG_20110928_154636.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20110928_154731.jpg
    IMG_20110928_154731.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_20110928_154722.jpg
    IMG_20110928_154722.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20110928_154803.jpg
    IMG_20110928_154803.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20110928_154831.jpg
    IMG_20110928_154831.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 87

Mike F

I might give this a shot, I bought one a month or two ago (after reading this blog someone posted on here, I forget who, wish the guy who writes it would do another article though), but I've only drawn like one thing in it. Whatever I post isn't gonna look near as good as most of what other people post though, I'm a horrible artist. I've done a few drawings that I was proud of but that was years ago. Maybe I'll post them up too.

Circleville Signs

Awesome stuff folks! Keep it coming! And don't be worried about how "good" you are. This is an exercise. If you draw EVERY day, you WILL get better. I promise.

Tony Q's Kidd

I might give this a shot, I bought one a month or two ago (after reading this blog someone posted on here, I forget who, wish the guy who writes it would do another article though), but I've only drawn like one thing in it. Whatever I post isn't gonna look near as good as most of what other people post though, I'm a horrible artist. I've done a few drawings that I was proud of but that was years ago. Maybe I'll post them up too.

no worries brah! toss up your sketch anyhow. we would all love to see

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.

Ah, it doesn't matter about the quality, sketchbooks no matter what form should look like a mess at some point. (mine have taken on 3 forms, composition books for rough ideas and areas to write notes on, a sketch book for refining ideas or doing general life sketching and lastly I have a "design" book that I do final artwork into.)
I remember in college I went through a period of sleep psychosis ... didn't sleep for a week ... really kills your short term memory and makes you a little crazy. ended up some how locking my keys behind a deadbolt (still trying to figure that one out) and ended up sleeping 2 days on a friends couch. Woke up to find 13 sketchbooks completely filled with the most insane drawings notes, and thoughts I have ever seen. I stared at those books for a month ... made my art thesis based on those books. half was almost illegible and really just looked like a storm of scribbles. If I ever find who stole them ... I will kill them.

Circleville Signs

Here's the first couple of today. These are bad. Cartooning is NOT what I do well, but I need to get better. Client is wanting a logo, and I'm trying to come up with a character based roughly on him. He's got a huge handlebar mustache, and the business name is "HandleBar-B-Q".

So, that's all kinds of fun :)

Attachments

• 9_29_11_1.JPG
    9_29_11_1.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 110

petepaz

it's been a month? i haven't had time...made time ..to do that in years.
i will try to get in on this (or at least scan in some old sketches so it looks like i am playing...haha)
great stuff to all those who started in on this

John Butto

Marco....

saw your try at the signature logo and liked your concept so quickly put your ideas as a path to the door with an S

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Figured I would get my sketches from the last couple days up.

Attachments

• 11 - 1 (2).jpg
    11 - 1 (2).jpg
    66 KB · Views: 133
  • 11 - 1.jpg
    11 - 1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_004.jpg
    IMG_004.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_001.jpg
    IMG_001.jpg