• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slight Problem with Take up system.

3dsignco

(I hope that is the correct terminology for what I am asking about.).. Is there a way to turn off the way the printer will prefeed about 10 inches of vinyl then pull it back when starting the print. The issues I am running into is when I am doing batch prints with the take up reel.. One print will finish and the next one starts and the prefeed kicks out the vinyl and then pulls it back and then it turns off the take reel by pulling the drop bar all the way up therefore disengaging the motor. Due to this issue we just wasted 60' of print material as the material just dumped on the floor stacking onto of itself and sticking together.

If there isn't a way to turn this off I guess I will just drill a hole in the side support of the take up system so the drop bar will not go all the way up past the gravity point of no return but will still disengage.

:thankyou:

randya

In setup menu:
Set 7 - turn the take-up on (type 1)

If that doesnt completely solve the issue go to:

Set 5 - and turn media inititial to width (not top and width, top is the "leading edge" of the media)

3dsignco

Right On Thanks... I had just got done typing that post and I got a call from Mutoh.. Now thats service..

He told me the Set 7 Type one and
Set 10 Prevent Stick OFF

Thanks again.. Guess I shouldn't get so impatient.