• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Slitting Options...

KeithMan

We have always ordered out roll labels, but our largest client is wanting to shift their roll label printing over to us and they notoriously have tight deadlines that wouldn't allow ordering out. We have a wide format printer, a roll to roll laminator and a Summa ST2 cutter that we could use to run the labels and cut them. The only thing we can't do is cut the rolls down to the 14" width they require. Does anyone have any suggestions for a method of doing this with the equipment we have?

d fleming

Have them contract to you for x amount of time. Take contract to your bank. Get proper equipment to do job in house. Take the opportunity to go after more customers so all eggs are not in one basket for this equipment. Prosper!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Will an X/Y cutter do it? You could make your own setup too. I saw one for sale on ebay a few years ago, it was pretty basic.

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
A band saw (with a new blade) might not be a horrible shout. We tried it recently. We were running full rolls of floor vinyl, then slicing them down into small rolls so they could be used as tape (branded obviously). Worked great.

An XY cutter with a takeup would also suit your needs. And then could also chop down any roller banners, posters, signs etc too. I love ours lol.

Z SIGNS

This question comes up often.Yes you can cut down rolls of vinyl with an ordinary chop/miter saw.Roll the printed vinyl on a core and cut it.

Greg Kelm

www.cheetaprint.com
Get a roll slitting machine

Laminators usually have a slitting attachment that you can adjust to width. If the dont make one, a fixed razor blade should do the trick