• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Slowing down or staying busy?

Stacey K

I like making signs
Just curious how everyone’s doing? I noticed a slow down but I’m still busy with larger projects. The work load is manageable compared to the last 2 quarters in which I was very overwhelmed. Im not so rushed which is nice and cuts down on errors. I have quite a few jobs for business who want get expenses in for years end. I also picked up 2 more schools for doing senior banners. I did a couple inside wall applications which got me additional jobs as well. Over the last year I’ve steered away from small “personal” tyke jobs and went after schools - they don’t go out of business and there’s new freshmen every year in need of apparel, new seniors in need of banners. It’s interesting to see how the type of work we do changes. How about the rest of you? I assume there’s some slow down but keeping steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Busy as a cat covering sh*t. Slowed down on our big fleet clients due to vehicle shortage but picked up on individuals. Have been printing some fine art lately that fell into our lap.

victor bogdanov

I sell online marketplaces Amazon, Etsy, wayfair etc, my sales are slightly down in line with the slowdowns those marketplaces are reporting. Still good but down over last year compared to to Oct/Nov last year, overall this year is up over last year

gnubler

I'm slow right now, but much of that is seasonal. I'm in a small resort town and things slow down during the winter. Some small businesses close up for a few months, or have reduced hours (which I have done). I recently took my first week vacation in two years and am moving to a larger commercial space over the next few weeks. I came back from my time off to find an email approval of what could end up being a huge job, so that will keep me busy and above water this winter.

petepaz

not enough hours in the day. as soon as i finish a couple projects 3 more end up on my desk.
not complaining happy to be busy but like i originally said "not enough hours in the day"
i get in the office like 8:30ish and in the past month i haven't been home before 9 at night

2B

i get in the office like 8:30ish and in the past month i haven't been home before 9 at night
This is ringing too true, especially coming into the holidays

To the OP,
Busy and getting busier this is the time of year that companies use up their yearly budgets, also to do "gifts" for schools.
the most significant point is finding material to fill orders, clothing, and hats. it also seems like I'm spending more time micromanaging staff and projects.
* Put your phone down,
* Where are you with XYZ or ABC?
* Why isn't this project done?
* Customer is requiring an update........ ETC..................

DL Signs

Never go against the family
Crazy busy. Our poor installers have been into overtime by early Thursday for months, and still have a massive backlog. And we have a couple of big annual jobs coming up. I'm not sure when we'll be caught up.