• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Slowing down or staying busy?

SignDesignLady

Always Learning
Busier than a one legged man in a square dancing contesto_O. Some days are overwhelming as we are just a husband and wife team. Some days we could use an extra person, other days not so much. We do see some slow downs in the holiday season as we have several schools and churches as customers. Numbers are up a little from last year.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In most cases, you need permission directly from major league baseball to use any logos or related media. When requesting to use their logo or some representation of it, you'll need to explain how it will further both your goals and the image of the game. If this was going in your living room, that's a different story, but plastered on your front windows of a store front is kinda misrepresenting. Knowing someone downtown doesn't mean squat, unless it's your husband or somebody of the likes.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
In most cases, you need permission directly from major league baseball to use any logos or related media. When requesting to use their logo or some representation of it, you'll need to explain how it will further both your goals and the image of the game. If this was going in your living room, that's a different story, but plastered on your front windows of a store front is kinda misrepresenting. Knowing someone downtown doesn't mean squat, unless it's your husband or somebody of the likes.
I covered all of the bases. (HA) I dotted my i's and crossed my t's.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Well, my slow period didn't last long.
Hope everyone making money now will save it for the future. Don't buy any big ticket items on credit and glad everyone is doing well.
Funny you say that. I was just talking to my accountant about my boys starting their business. He said he had several new businesses (that were doing very well financially and otherwise) go out the last couple years because at the end of the year they went and spent all the profits on new toys. They ended up owing back taxes and could not recover. He said he would like to set up a meeting with my boys and explain how all of that works and that before making any big decisions like that it's a good idea to consult with your accountant.

I also have no debt except my printer payment of $250mo.

Gary1

Just curious how everyone’s doing? I noticed a slow down but I’m still busy with larger projects. The work load is manageable compared to the last 2 quarters in which I was very overwhelmed. Im not so rushed which is nice and cuts down on errors. I have quite a few jobs for business who want get expenses in for years end. I also picked up 2 more schools for doing senior banners. I did a couple inside wall applications which got me additional jobs as well. Over the last year I’ve steered away from small “personal” tyke jobs and went after schools - they don’t go out of business and there’s new freshmen every year in need of apparel, new seniors in need of banners. It’s interesting to see how the type of work we do changes. How about the rest of you? I assume there’s some slow down but keeping steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d say overwhelmed. Need to do a good cleaning in the shop then I’d have more room to work and get things done faster!