• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small print and cut decal source question

jkdbjj

So, I am pretty much tired of doing orders that are 3"x5" decals that require weeding. I don't mind simple shapes, and of the quantity is decent.

My question, is there a source for 200-500 smaller print and cut decals that are doing the weeding and masking and shipping out?

Thanks,
Mike

jfiscus

Rap Master
What plotter are you using for these currently?
I could not imagine trying to cut/weed jobs with my graphtec, the cut from it is nowhere near as nice our other plotter.

The Gerber Envision we have here does a good job with the small decals.
Although, any small tedious weeding is no fun.

Also, have you considered printing onto clear for small decals?
We do a lot of them this way to avoid weeding.

jkdbjj

What plotter are you using for these currently?
I could not imagine trying to cut/weed jobs with my graphtec, the cut from it is nowhere near as nice our other plotter.

The Gerber Envision we have here does a good job with the small decals.
Although, any small tedious weeding is no fun.

Also, have you considered printing onto clear for small decals?
We do a lot of them this way to avoid weeding.
I use a Summa Cutter.
I would only print on clear if I had white ink or a thermal printer, and I don't have either. Thermals usually operate at a 1+ sqft raw cost just for the ink, so it usually prices decals out for me. I have a good friend who has a thermal, but many customers find the cost more than they want to spend.

rcook99

Mike is there a lot of detail or lettering? If so is it possible to have them printed instead. Totally understand how tedious it can be. Had a job a few years ago for 1,200 pieces to turn around in 5 days but it paid well.