• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small printer for hang tags

CanuckSigns

We've been outsourcing paper hang tags like the attached, but we are starting to get more requests for them, The supplier I use also sells blank tags with the paper grommet on top, what would be a suitable desktop style printer for printing on these? would I be looking at a photocopier type machine, or would a higher end desktop printer work? Speed isn't a huge concern right now.

TIA

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    48.8 KB · Views: 140

jfiscus

Rap Master
Getting an odd-shaped piece WITH a grommet on it to feed through any type of machine is going to be a problem. I'd say look into maybe screen printing them (or even a stamp?) if you're buying them with the grommet on them cheap enough.
Talk to local (paper) printers and see if any of them offer these as one of their specialty items; this looks like a good job for a single color printing press.

CanuckSigns

Thanks, a local print shop told me they use an offset press for these, and the grommet leaves dents in the rollers, so they use old beaten up rollers when they run these.

Oh well, I thought there might be a better way to bring production in house, but I'm not looking to buy an offset press.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
How many are you making at a time? What's wrong with the printers you have? Could you print them large format, cut them down and gromet?

petepaz

qty and size would be good to know?
with the grommet already installed will creat a problem for most printers. agree with silk screening, build a jig to hold multiple tags and away you go or you could get a small UV printer for thicker rigid materials and build a jig to hold them