• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small spring

midnightmadman

Does anyone know where I can buy just that small spring that holds the blade on an fc?
Mine flew out and I cant find it. SW says I need to replace the whole thing which is $35!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you mean the spring into which the blade fits these generally come with the blades. When you buy blades be sure they include the springs which should be changed right along with the blade.

Shovelhead

I have a 45° and a 60° (arrow - CB09UA) that don't fit my machine.
You can have them along with the springs if these are your blades.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 100

Shovelhead

sorry...confusion, I believe that this is the blade.

CB15U and CB15U-K30

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 63

Flame

If you mean the spring into which the blade fits these generally come with the blades. When you buy blades be sure they include the springs which should be changed right along with the blade.

I've ordered a variety of blades from 3 different supplies for 8 years.... never once did I get a spring with mine!!! :(

midnightmadman, Shovels spring should work in that pic.

I believe SW sells them seperately. I normaly get my blades from Alumapanel and a 5 pack of blades comes with 3 springs. I generaly change the spring every other blade change.

midnightmadman

I believe SW sells them seperately. I normaly get my blades from Alumapanel and a 5 pack of blades comes with 3 springs. I generaly change the spring every other blade change.

hmm.. i called them and they said i need to buy the whole thing for 35. maybe that was 35 for the blade with the spring?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I've ordered a variety of blades from 3 different supplies for 8 years.... never once did I get a spring with mine!!! :(

More often than not you have to ask for them.

Sign_Boy

Here's what I did when I dropped mine:

Take a vehicle magnet hold it right next to the floor where you think it fell - move it around a bit and wham there it is.

Good luck

MariaMartini

There also might be a spring shop in your city they sells pretty much any spring you would ever need.. I had to buy one for my large material cutter..

sarge

i would think you could find one at a sewing machine repair shop or a automotive parts place .. around here we have american high performance parts .. and that string looks like a carburator spring might work .. if you lived close to me i would say come over and we can go through my ammo cans of small nuts bolts and springs .. maybe a retractable pen spring might work

Sign to Go

I can mail you a free recycled one if you can wait. Otherwise I would just go for the $35 and you will have the spring plus a sweet new blade!

Jim