• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Small type tip

Bill Modzel

I have just printed a job with very small type on the Edge II. We're talking about maybe 6pt microgramma.

With vertical lines that thin and only a 300 dpi printhead it often clips some of the copy depending on where they actually cross the printhead and you end up with thick and thin strokes which look like crap.

We have the same issue screenprinting and dealing with thread counts of our screens. Often we can minimize this by changing the angle of the image on the screen so I though I'd try the same thing on the Edge.

I took the image and repeated it, each time rotating it 15 degrees. Of my Edge with this file the 30 degree one printed noticeably better than the others. Although it wastes a bit of stock the end result is definitely worth it.