• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Smoothest and whitest printing vinyl in cast?

whatsinaname

Looking to print lot of graphics containing lot of white colors for vehicle wraps. Vinyls with bluish white tones are not looking great.

What's the smoothest and whitest cast film out there from brands like 3M, Avery, Oracal and even LG?

rjssigns

Seems no one lists white point of vinyl.
I'd get samples from different manufacturers and measure white point with a spectro.

Michael-Nola

I print things. It is very exciting.
Vinyls with bluish white tones are not looking great.

What's the smoothest and whitest cast film out there from brands like 3M, Avery, Oracal and even LG?
Can you tell us what materials you HAVE tried that you don't like? That way we can figure out what you might like otherwise?
If you're looking for feedback on cast films from those major brands, I'm curious if we can even figure out your starting base?
What substrates does LG produce? Can you give me a link? That would be awesome to try a new brand for me!

whatsinaname

Can you tell us what materials you HAVE tried that you don't like? That way we can figure out what you might like otherwise?
If you're looking for feedback on cast films from those major brands, I'm curious if we can even figure out your starting base?
What substrates does LG produce? Can you give me a link? That would be awesome to try a new brand for me!
We have tried 3M IJ180C-10, 180CV3-10, 180mC-10 and Avery 1105. 3M is slightly smoother than Avery but Avery is more whiter than 3M. :D

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
All of it is white and smooth. some might be whiter than others, some might be smoother than others. The white point of all of them is sufficintly close as not to matter to anyone but a buck colorista. They're all sufficiently smooth so that you couldn't tell the difference. Stick to name brands, you won;t have any problems.

Johnny Best

The white point of all of them is sufficintly close as not to matter to anyone but a buck colorista
Saw one this morning on my walk.

Attachments

• buckcolorista.jpg
    buckcolorista.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 113