• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SMS Consultants or used car salesmen?

kalvix

We just had the high pressure sales form a SMS Consultants, http://www.sms-na.com/. Felt like i was meeting with a used car sales person.

Has anyone had any experience with them or know companies who have used them as a business consultant to do a business analysis. They wanted to bring in an Analyst to review everything and give "recommendations" then start up a consulting relationship. It got so bad, they got the "district manager" on the phone to hot box me into the sale. i said i needed to think about it and wouldn't even given the my annual sales number which annoyed them -- Hell it isn't any of their damn business anyway unless i employ them.

I've never heard from these guys, but it feels like a scam, just wanted to confirm if i was right.

Thanks,
kalvix

HulkSmash

We just had the high pressure sales form a SMS Consultants, http://www.sms-na.com/. Felt like i was meeting with a used car sales person.

Has anyone had any experience with them or know companies who have used them as a business consultant to do a business analysis. They wanted to bring in an Analyst to review everything and give "recommendations" then start up a consulting relationship. It got so bad, they got the "district manager" on the phone to hot box me into the sale. i said i needed to think about it and wouldn't even given the my annual sales number which annoyed them -- Hell it isn't any of their damn business anyway unless i employ them.

I've never heard from these guys, but it feels like a scam, just wanted to confirm if i was right.

Thanks,
kalvix

they willl call you once a week for the rest of your life. It's a scam

kalvix

they seemed legitimate when they stopped in earlier and set the appointment. but then the salesman came in and we talked about small unimportant stuff for 15 minutes about how they can improve our business but they will bring in different companies to help or do the work or something. then when i said we needed to think about it, they called the boss, but had to introduce himself to the guy and passed the phone over..... but they have a special because they are doing a big job or conference in another city and can avoid travel.

i kept laughing when they kept asking what our gross sales were and i wouldn't tell them. but they kept asking... it became entertaining.

yes i believe it is a scam. and that is why we have an admin answering the phone or seeing the number.

now don't get me wrong, i use to do management consulting for a spinoff of Bane for several years, and know must of the procedures, but also understand how the consultant COULD be useful in a growing company (because no matter how much i work on the company) it is good to get a second perspective and best practices, but that is what i have you guys for.

:)

Jwalk

Spam on email or phone seems to be a way of life now for business. If I have the time and am bored I try to have fun with them.