• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion So, how many are gonna...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
so why are we here? why this discussion? just because it's offensive to you, doesn't mean it's offensive to everyone. there's more important things to worry about than "proper etiquette" to a flag that represents a country going down the dumps, like why this made you lose respect in professional football players but not when they've murdered someone in a DUI and still keep their positions.

have a great day.

Are you just that dense or just plain dumb ?? It's attitudes like yours that makes people think this country is going down the dumps.

All the other things you've been bringing up are important, but useless baggage and have nothing to do with this thread. Why don't you start a thread about the things that bother you, since you've been bringing so many up in this thread ?? Evidently, you're a very unhappy person.

mackenzieGRAPHICS

lol queue the threat message! :rolleyes:

when you're referring to "who's going to kneel," everything mentioned has everything to do with this thread and to your original message. or are you just that dense?

anyway, been a real pleasure learning all about you, Gino..

euronymous

This country IS going down in the dumps. It's delusional pseudo patriotism like yours that is pushing it along. I have the upmost respect for those who have risked(and gave) their all for their country, but what has their country done for them? The USA is doing a far greater disservice to its own Service men and women than any football player taking a knee is

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This country IS going down in the dumps. It's delusional pseudo patriotism like yours that is pushing it along. I have the upmost respect for those who have risked(and gave) their all for their country, but what has their country done for them? The USA is doing a far greater disservice to its own Service men and women than any football player taking a knee is

Sorry, but I hafta disagree with you.

I find your input somewhat odd, in that you pretend to know what I'm thinking or saying like your other little friends here. Now, you guys/gals want to dictate to me how to title my threads, what I write, say and think, let alone your latest contribution of my real feelings.

You guys talk all this sh!t about this person doing this or that and all you bunch have been doing since the beginning is ramming down my throat what YOU want me to say, do or how to act and think.

The whole lot of you are nothing but a fine example of how this country has been turned around, but not because of anything but yourselves and your dumba$$ opinions and stances. For crying out loud, you don't even know how to participate in a discussion, let alone feel patriotism for your servicemen and ladies who have put their all at risk, so you can go around acting and spewing forth your garbage.

Unless called out once again, I'm finished here. I'm leaving on this note.

Thank you to all service, police, fire and any others who put their lives on the line everyday for all us. My hat is off to you all, past, present and future. :wavingflag:

Last edited:

CanuckSigns

Sorry, but I hafta disagree with you.

I find your input somewhat odd, in that you pretend to know what I'm thinking or saying like your other little friends here. Now, you guys/gals want to dictate to me how to title my threads, what I write, say and think, let alone your latest contribution of my real feelings.

You guys talk all this sh!t about this person doing this or that and all you bunch have been doing since the beginning is ramming down my throat what YOU want me to say, do or how to act and think.

The whole lot of you are nothing but a fine example of how this country has been turned around, but not because of anything but yourselves and your dumba$$ opinions and stances. For crying out loud, you don't even know how to participate in a discussion, let alone feel patriotism for your servicemen and ladies who have put their all at risk, so you can go around acting and spewing forth your garbage.

Unless called out once again, I'm finished here. I'm leaving on this note.

Thank you to all service, police, fire and any others who put their lives on the line everyday for all us. My hat is off to you all, past, present and future. :wavingflag:

You post a thread about one of the most controversial topics in the news right now, saying you want to have a civil discussion and not make it political, which is impossible because the reason they are kneeling is 100% political.

Then when someone posts an opinion that goes against yours, you jump all over them, call them unpatriotic etc.

Typical Gino troll thread.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Might be typical, but like the rest of your fellow patriots..... even if you're from another country, you missed the entire point too, sparky.

No where did I say this was right or wrong or political. I think it's disrespectful and their demonstrations are off timing. I was not raised this way, nor were most other Americans, my age, older and somewhat younger.... regardless of their race, creed or origin. It's not the message these people are sending, but how and why in this fashion.

Typical Canuck troll answer.

ikarasu

Oops...............

The flag code covers all aspects of etiquette in relation to the Stars and Stripes, including how to behave when the anthem is played. The code is never enforced, however, and there is no punishment for breaching it.

So what should you do when the national anthem is played?
The code states that persons present are expected to stand and face the flag, if there is one. Civilians should stand to attention with right hand over heart, while military personnel in uniform and veterans should salute throughout. A recent amendment to the code said that military personnel out of uniform could also salute.

Men not in uniform should remove any headdress with their right hand and hold it at their left shoulder, the code states. This is generally observed at sporting events. NFL players may not put on their helmets until after the anthem is played.

Numerous manufacturers of flag merchandise could be in trouble here. The Flag Code states that it should not be used for any advertising purpose, and should not be embroidered or printed on any material for temporary use.

It should also never be part of a costume or sports uniform, or used as "wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery". Olympic medal winners who celebrate their success by covering themselves in the flag should take note.

Also, the flag should never be displayed upside down, except as a symbol of "dire distress".

How long has the Flag Code been around?
Experts say that US flag etiquette is important because was created out of respect for the country's historical heritage.

But the code was first drawn up only in 1923 under the auspices of the American Legion, and only became law when the US was at war, in 1942.

edit : as mentioned, there is no punishment for doing or not doing these things. As I mentioned, it's just plain disrespectful and for that.... I've lost a great deal of respect for these athletes participating in this foolishness.​
See... thats ridiculous to me. It's a flag, not a god. I don't think ANYTHING should be that important. I think the flag is taken too seriously... Maybe that's why I have no problem with what the NFL is doing. I just think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. And keeping it in the spotlight is only making it worst for the people who do feel offended by it... Had it not been brought to attention of everyone, It'd be 1 player, not many teams. Now it's more of a spectacle than anything.

equippaint

"It's not the message these people are sending"

These people have explicitly stated their message, it is not up for interpretation, they have made it crystal clear. It is you, among many others, that has chosen to totally ignore their stated message and try to cram down everyone's neck what you really want their message to be. Then you bring out the lynch mob to spread this fallacy, all the while ignoring anyone that tries to explain it to you, because you really do not care, it does not fit your MO. Some think you are just confused, maybe not up to date on current issues and get blind sided by your snarky remarks. You arent though, you are very up to date and capable of understanding all sides. But many others like myself know that people like you have to be angry and have something to hate on a daily basis. You have to make people around you more angry than you at all costs because lets face it, its stressful being angry and misery loves company. You can call it critical thinking, you can claim you are helping but some of us really get it.
If it makes you feel any better, I do not like this kneeling thing, I did not like it before it got cool to not like it, but I listened and understood what they were saying. Its basic respect.
Now I will wait for you to insult me, maybe a little more direct this time rather than beating around the bush insinuating that Im a flag burner or some other nonsense.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
See... thats ridiculous to me. It's a flag, not a god. I don't think ANYTHING should be that important. I think the flag is taken too seriously... Maybe that's why I have no problem with what the NFL is doing. I just think this whole thing is blown out of proportion. And keeping it in the spotlight is only making it worst for the people who do feel offended by it... Had it not been brought to attention of everyone, It'd be 1 player, not many teams. Now it's more of a spectacle than anything.

Evidently, you haven't stayed up with things.

But first things first. It's your prerogative to feel about God, a flag, or anything else the way you see fit. No one is stopping you in this country or in your country, that I know of. It's a discussion and nothing more of respect, pride or whatever, but it's how each and everyone feels independently. I don't care if no one agrees with me, but many have and expressed themselves as such both here and by e-mails. Even a phone call for one.

As for keeping up, this started last September in PreSeason Ball with Kaepernick and it spread to other players. Fast forward and this past August PreSeason, it began again, but only with a great deal more participation. Then Trump spoke up about it being disrespectful and that's when it became more or less of a political protest. It never went away, in fact, no one noticed Kaepernick sitting, until some press agent asked why. No one really cared or thought much about it. However, now you have two sides forming and that's all I asked in the beginning..... do you find it disrespectful or not ??

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
...I believe they are stirring crap over a false narrative, and statistics back that up.

That would seem to be the case. This 'narrative' to which you and others refer is nothing more than a seemingly endless collection of nebulous statements and references to popular folklore. If not outright false then at least so amorphous as to be meaningless to the point where truth or falsity cannot be determined.

ikarasu

Evidently, you haven't stayed up with things.

But first things first. It's your prerogative to feel about God, a flag, or anything else the way you see fit. No one is stopping you in this country or in your country, that I know of. It's a discussion and nothing more of respect, pride or whatever, but it's how each and everyone feels independently. I don't care if no one agrees with me, but many have and expressed themselves as such both here and by e-mails. Even a phone call for one.

As for keeping up, this started last September in PreSeason Ball with Kaepernick and it spread to other players. Fast forward and this past August PreSeason, it began again, but only with a great deal more participation. Then Trump spoke up about it being disrespectful and that's when it became more or less of a political protest. It never went away, in fact, no one noticed Kaepernick sitting, until some press agent asked why. No one really cared or thought much about it. However, now you have two sides forming and that's all I asked in the beginning..... do you find it disrespectful or not ??

Well, to answer your question...I personally don't find it disrespective. In the 70s everyone protested wars, did it mean they were disrespecting the soldiers in the war, or were they just trying to make the world a better place, the only way they knew how?

If the NFL players were protesting the national anthem, and purposely trying to upset people instead of trying to unite eachother and show they're standing together, I'd be more inclined to be on your side of things.

I'd take a few NFL teams kneeling and uniting their hands in protest, over another Charlottesville protest / incident any day of he week. No one is getting hurt by the NFL's protest, no one is walking around carrying guns shouting hate speech at eachother...

I guess I just feel there's more important things to worry about. North Korea being one of the.... I don't always agree with trump, but I like his stance on NK. The Russians hacking debacle... Hell, I don't even care if trump was a part of it or not. I think if the Russians interfered in the election, which odds are they did.. something should happen there.

PR being devestated by a tornado, the recent lv shooting..

There's far more problems I feel people should be focussing on. Ones where people are suffering both physically and mentally.

So to answer your question, In a different context... I could find it disrespectful. I don't think they went about it the best way, but I don't think they were trying to be malicious with it, so I do not think it's disrespectful. Stupid... Maybe, but I can't think of a better way to protest their message, so I'm not going to judge them for the way they're doing it, so long as it remains peaceful.

Now that's not to say I don't see why others are upset. While I think all them strict rules are ridiculous... No touching the floor, being used on clothing, etc. It's still a symbol of your country, and America has some pretty deep history. So I'm not judging people for being upset, I only responded because the discussion was brought up. I'm impartial... Just like I feel they have a right to protest, I believe each and every American, or citizen of any country has a right to set their own compass on how things should be.

I'm glad you brought it up, and are reading the opinions from the other side though, instead of just being closed minded about it. Even if the odds are 1% that you'd change your mind, if they're even that. America is what it is because you can talk about anything, and protest anything you want.

I could March outside of McDonald's for hem raising the 99 cent hamburger price to $1.25, that's my right. You goto a other countries try... Iike China, and everyone is shut off. They don't protest the government, they can't even access any websites that have views against the governments. Look at North Korea... If you were caught disrespecting Kim, youd be put to death, and your family would be sent to labour camps for the rest of their life.

I don't like that trump keeps calling for them to be fired. I think a president should encourage any peaceful protest. And let the people speak for themselves - if everyone is against it, the NFL ratings will drop.. which they have, and it'll work itself out. How much money do you think the owners will allow themselves to lose before telling players to knock it off?

Anyways.. long message that's probably filled with typos since I'm on my phone.

TLDR; I'm not offended, but not saying you shouldn't be offended. People have different priorities, and feel strongly about different things.

Bly

Anyone else not care what overpaid sportspeople and entertainers think or care about?

I'm always shouting at the TV - just shut up and do your jobs!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
"I don't care what they may say,
I don't care what they may do,
Jesus is just alright with me"

"Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life..."

"I don't care if it rains or freezes so long as I've got my plastic Jesus
glued to the dashboard of my car..."

Master's Touch

taking a knee is a respectful way to protest and shed light on a national issue. we have a national problem we need to solve and I see the kneeling as a peaceful and respectful way to bring it to into the light. I also understand the symbol the flag represents to Americans. it has been our symbol of rally as a people. after 9/11 there were few places you could go without seeing our flag. people have given their lives to protect and preserve what it stands for. the flag and anthem isn't degraded by taking a knee, it is stronger as taking a knee, saying we have a problem, protesting injustice is about as American as it can get. cutting a hole in the middle of the flag and wearing it like a poncho like kid Rock did at a concert is a sign of disrepect yet he was invited to the White House. not sure why that is OK but peaceful protest is not

Interesting that you would equate the image of Dr. King and other civil rights leaders kneeling IN PRAYER, with this current movement. I seem to recall a whole lot of derision pointed at Tim Tebow for doing the same. What King did, and what Kaperneck started are two COMPLETELY different things, especially in that image. Dr. King would have rejected BLM, and ANTIFA...the riots and the violence were the exact OPPOSITE of what he stood for.

All these sports teams wanna do something? How 'bout each and every one of them donate a year's wages to improving opportunities for inner city kids and providing an atmosphere that promotes family and creates jobs. THAT I would RESPECT, but kneeling? That's just a show.

TimToad

I too see it as disrespectful. My father and brother in law are veterans, along with several cousins, and I have a nephew in the army, and a neice who is a marine, and when I meet a soldier, I always thank them for their service.

Kneeling is a slap in the face...

And I also agree that the NFL could fold and I wouldn't care. Let those guys get a job and earn 30k a year, and they will appreciate all the money they make...

Ignoring widespread and systematic racial profiling and abuse of power by police is also disrespectful to the values our country is predicated upon living.