• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So.... What is everyone going to do for Thanksgiving?

binki

The state has implemented a curfew from 10pm to 5am and then said it isn't a curfew, it is an order to shut down during that time. Hmmm, interesting definition of a 'not a curfew'.

Our state and some local government 'officials' (Los Angeles) have 'threatened' to close everything down if we don't behave. That should come in the next few days when they find out it is business as usual for the majority of us. Fortunately the county I live in is filing lawsuits against the state and all of the sheriff departments in SoCal have publicly stated they won't enforce any shut down orders, mask orders or other nonsense of the same.

netsol

have you realized yet, the thanksgiving lockdown dooms you to endless leftovers?
turkey croquettes, turkey tetrazzini, turkey confit (MAKE IT STOP!)

there will just be 3 of us, and a 15 lb turkey. i feel outnumbered

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
have you realized yet, the thanksgiving lockdown dooms you to endless leftovers?
turkey croquettes, turkey tetrazzini, turkey confit (MAKE IT STOP!)

there will just be 3 of us, and a 15 lb turkey. i feel outnumbered

After a day ya just quit eating it and let it sit in the fridge till the following week until someone throws it away.

Malkin

Thanksgiving will probably be just our household (6). Usually have a family group of 20 or more.

In the way that (most of) our clients trust our judgment and recommendations (as professionals in the industry) I extend the same basic courtesy to health and medicine professionals.
We all know there's hacks out there in every line of work, but a little wisdom sorts out who is who.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Ya know, this question was a little premature for the asking. Heck, by then..... Trump might pull ahead and win, the vaccine will be out and the whole world will be saved because of the ol' Trump. Yeah, it could happen. That's the ticket. So, I take back what I said. I thought it was this weekend, but we have almost a week. That's plenty of time, just like the last two minutes of a football game. Guess I'll just go on a snipe hunt.
I believe he still has a chance also, time is not on his side though.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
This thread needs to go in a more detailed and savory direction. Looks like our plans are still on (My little family of 3 at my moms house - just the 4 of us). Here is what's on the menu:
  • Turkey soaked in a buttermilk brine
  • Stuffing
  • gravy
  • Green beans almandine
  • Candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows and almonds
  • mashed potatoes (homemade of course)
  • vinaigrette salad with romaine lettuce, olives, peppers, red onions... and lots of other stuff
  • pumpkin pie, peach pie and a cream pie

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
This thread needs to go in a more detailed and savory direction. Looks like our plans are still on (My little family of 3 at my moms house - just the 4 of us). Here is what's on the menu:
  • Turkey soaked in a buttermilk brine
  • Stuffing
  • gravy
  • Green beans almandine
  • Candied sweet potatoes with marshmallows and almonds
  • mashed potatoes (homemade of course)
  • vinaigrette salad with romaine lettuce, olives, peppers, red onions... and lots of other stuff
  • pumpkin pie, peach pie and a cream pie

Thinking about adding some Serrano peppers to the green bean casserole this year. Just my sister and I so I can be a little more adventurous this year!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
No special precautions required here. I'll be up by 5am start the fire pit and enjoy the sunrise with a cup of joe. By afternoon we'll head up the road about 20 miles to have dinner with some local family members (maybe 10 of us). I'll make a green been casserole and the wife will bring her a can or two of cranberry sauce, oh yeah and a ham. My plan is to cut some trees and general yard cleanup at my step sons new house. I can't just sit around all day. I like to be outside doing something useful. Too stuffy in the house anyway.

Commando

Me and my boy are going to my moms. There will only be 5 of us.
Last night i made cranberry bbq sauce to go with the turkey breast i am smoking thursday morning. Mom is making the rest.