• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So, what is it you want.......??

Andy D

the hobby people have hobby sites to talk about their hobby and what they make with their Circut. if I was into a hobby,

Well Marlene, I'm getting into the new up-and-coming hot market, Flower Printing... and when you finally decide to get on the boat, Don't come
to me for help :smile:.. just joking, I'll help you.

attachment.php

Attachments

• FLOWER PRINTER.jpg
    FLOWER PRINTER.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 94

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This morning's PM from the OP.

"Are ya feeling any better today ??

Really, you don't hafta to go out of your way to avoid me. Either just hit the ignore button or use some restraint.

Always................ Gino"

This is exactly what I was talking about. His automatic presumption is that by voicing my opinion about the subject the way I did, I wasn't feeling well, or that only someone not feeling well would have a contrary opinion to his. With over 26,500 posts and an imprint on nearly every thread that is on the board, hitting the ignore button would pull so many posts from so many subjects, it would be hard to follow the context and I'd be missing out on the mountains of useful and helpful posts that this does poster contribute. I suppose if he was to warn us all that he's going to go off on me or someone else in advance, I could use the ignore button selectively.

The suggestion that I should self-censor what I read and write so as to not find disagreement with another poster seems very wrong to me. If this poster feels its ok to suggest that others "use some restraint" so he doesn't have to read any contrary or critical comments of his positions or opinions, then that standard should apply to himself as well. Especially in the area of personal attacks, which he doesn't seem to show much restraint at all.

So, you take this as mean spirited and/or condescending ?? A simple hope you're feeling better or a possible solution to your problem ??

I guess I have it all wrong. PM's are not meant to be viewed or discussed in Private, but out loud here for all to see ?? Thing is, you ain't the first one to ever do this. Get in line. I told a few people I was gonna do this and you'd answer in this fashion. I even said, you'd copy and paste it up. You took the bait..... hook, line and sinker. What you did, did not accomplish a thing except sound like a little rattled kid. Tim, you might already understand this, but it doesn't appear so, so I'll explain my thoughts for you.

When a thread gets going, whether it's good, bad or stoopid..... it will remain open for a long time, maybe forever. However, when two, three or more people go at it, Fred will close it down. That's called a Locked Thread. So, now ya have that part. Now, instead of posting something like asking you a question in private is done, like I did, I didn't want to cloud the water with asking you how you felt in the open, cause it had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. Your 3 minute barrage of insults and talking to me in third party seemed like someone off their meds or having a bad day, thus why I asked privately. It wasn't anyone else's business. You also don't seem to understand, I could really care less what you think of me, my business or much of anything else, but you are entitled to your opinions. On the other hand, according to the you, the Toad, I'm not allowed to have opinions as you think mine are wrong and should be stifled. Again, get in line.

Can you explain why you are right and I'm wrong ?? Are your statements based upon fact..... or are you just guessing ?? You seem to wanna keep your mind busy with quoting some politics, religion and other things, much as a stress reliever. Are you dealing with something else as I know some people who do this and they definitely have some issues. Such as, my post count has nothing to do with anything, but yet, you've brought it up on several occasions. Do you have a problem with that ??

Really..... you don't hafta respond to me at all, anywhere, ever, but you act as you must for some reason. It won't hurt my feelings, not in the slightest...... honestly, it won't. :toasting:

Seriously, go grab a beer and have a happy afternoon and you'll forget all about me.........

attachment.php

Attachments

• GINO.gif
    GINO.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 98

rdm01

After reading many comments on this thread, and the threads which this one references, I just can't get this scene out of my mind.

Not directed at anyone in general - but sometimes the best advise isn't given with the best delivery.

Attachments

• the_dude.png
    the_dude.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 48

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
This is the one part I don't get... I go to other sites, such as: Electrical, Appliance repair, Wood working, etc. and
ask my noob questions, and for the most part, these guys, that have spent years learning their trade, are cool and helpful.
I just don't understand the resentment some people here seem to have against people just breaking into the trade or doing
it on the side or for fun.. Signs and graphics are f-ing awesome, I'm so glad I chose this trade, and I like passing on knowledge
if I can.

For many people, what starts as their hobby ends up being their career. In this age of information, why would we want
to horde our knowledge?

We limit our demographic to professionals, suppliers, teachers, students in the field of sign making and related graphic persuasions for a number of reasons:

• It's what makes us different and a lot of our content is noticeably better than other venues.
  • A major cause of problems for our profession is the loss of business due to end users buying their own equipment. It, therefore, seems obvious that while frank and candid discussions of both techniques and business are desirable for our members, sharing that information with end users is not. Helping end users with equipment, materials, maintenance, repair and technique is the job of those manufacturers and suppliers who sold products to the end users. It is not the job of nor in the best interests of the professional community to help end users deny us their business.

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
I don't even tell people that one of the businesses I own is a sign/design business, BECAUSE of the morons NOW in this industry.

skyhigh

I don't even tell people that one of the businesses I own is a sign/design business, BECAUSE of the morons NOW in this industry.

Let the quality of your work prove them wrong.....or remove any doubts.

Still an honored profession In my book.

skyhigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGn0WfKol3E

at least we don't get made fun of like the plumbers

[video=youtube;yGn0WfKol3E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGn0WfKol3E[/video]