• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software for Mutoh XP 620 C

cooley47

Hey- This is my first post here and I'm looking at buying an old Mutoh XP 620. I've worked in the sign industry for about 8 years but since have been mainly a print designer. I'm looking to buy this to do odd jobs & side work so I'm looking for a pretty inexpensive setup.

That long intro being said... I have run this machine before but it was with an old boss and her setup was I believe through an Illustrator Plugin (on a Mac). Is there something similar that will run the old machine with Illustrator CS3 (also on a Mac) or another cheap software that I could simply copy/paste my designs from Illustrator into a cut program. If I have to use a different software to cut with, I will never design with it so I would just want the easiest/cheapest software.

Also if needs be and it's cost effective, I would be willing to hook up and cut from a PC laptop but would prefer not to. Any comments or suggestions would be great! Thanks!