• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

software no longer outputs to cutter

avatrx

I downloaded and used signtools4. initially it worked. I was trying to get my VELXi software to work at the same time using Virtual Box. I was given some code to help activate the printing via my Parallel port (which worked with sign tools).

I went in to the root directory of the HOST drive and input the required commands.

Not only did it not help to get my other software working - it now prevents signtools 4 from working.

I thought perhaps it was the parallel cable, so I bought a 232 cable and hooked that up. set it up using the required parameters, but NOTHING works now.

any thoughts? I tried using system restore to no avail.

The Sign Tools4 worked using my parallel printer (Win XP Pro) until the commands.

I have 3 jobs I have to get cut out and can't get anything to work.

I uninstalled Sign tools and reinstalled. I believe since I still had 20 dys left of my free trial, the settings are still there. I have no clue how to reset it to default.

HELP

Techman

one or the other software is interfering with one or the other for possession of the parallel port.

avatrx

I uninstalled the virtual machine. I also tried uninstalling the signtools and reinstalling, but that didn't work either.

I picked up a serial cable but have no way of confirming it is the 232-C cable that sign tools requires. (local computer guy - used cable).

I tried changing LPT1 to LPT2 but that didn't work either. I suppose I could try uninstalling the VE software?

I'm at a loss. I don't know how to get the system to release the LPT1 if that IS the problem. This was the suggestion: VBoxManage modifyvm <vmname> --lpt1 off but I've uninstalled the VBox program so I tend to think I can't modify something that no longer exists?

avatrx

I have 20days left on the free trial. I would have thought that also had I installed it a whle back.

Sig Tools requires a 232-C serial cable. Is that a modem cable or some other type? How can I identify the correct cable? The used one I bought was supposed to be correct, but maybe it's not?

I can't get the parallel cable to work at all any more. Initially it did, but as I posted earlier, after having 'tweaked' the registry in an attempt to get the parallel cable to work inside my Virtual XP - which didn't work - I now can't get it to work with Sign Tools. I don't have a standard parallel printer to test it.

Here are the commands I typed into the HOST root directory to modify the LPT port in VM: I wasn't using LPT4, so I used LPT2.

VBoxManage modifyvm "My VM Name" --lptmode1 "LPT4:"
VBoxManage modifyvm "My VM Name" --lpt1 0x378 7