• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Rip for Encad 24

Bigdawg

Just Me
I bought a used Encad that we planned on using for paper output and proofs. As those that know the machine may guess I am not too happy with the quality. So.. instead of a $500 paperweight I am looking at getting a software RIP to drive it. BTW - thanks John for your help in getting it set-up - you may have some input for me here.

I have 2 questions:
1. If I buy a RIP will it drastically change the color quality that I see now? I can't even use it for proofing at this point it is so off. Majority of prints will come from Illustrator or Photoshop 7
2. What RIP would you recommend? I am looking at Vinyl Master Pro Future RIP SE http://www.vinylmasterpro.com/united_states/frip_details.htm any thoughts or comments?

Techman

Pjannto RIP is very inexpensive, very accurate, is adjustable, and you can test it FREE for 30 days..

cdsgraphic

Hi Stacy,

Future RIP is the cheapest I've seen. Pjannto RIP is actually $725 in US dollars.

Have you tried any ICC profiles for the windows print driver? I did a little looking around and you can download some here...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Windows Driver ICC Color Profiles[/FONT]

Will adobe let you rasterize when you send to the printer? In corel when you open the print dialog, you can select to "rasterize page" and the resolution. It then sends the page to printer driver which applies the ICC profile.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I think we did (can't remember what it is, but I bought it from someone on here), at about the same time I made friends with a local that gave me such good pricing I never even loaded the software for the encad - just used him instead... I should probably dig out the software and post it for sale - the encad is just a big paperweight at this point.

Techman

like i posted.. You can try it FREE for 30 days.. This is plenty of time to test your old printer.. FREE. How much cheaper do want it to be?

dhamlett15

Techman Did I say I wanted to be cheap? I am just looking for what has worked best for someone else and Pjannto RIP demo did not work too good. Have future rip demo to try before I buy right now but I am waiting on them to send me a printer profile. If flexi works good with the encad someone let me know and I will upgrade my flexi.

Thanks
Dustin

Bigdawg

Just Me
It's in storage in TN... won't be getting to that until sometime around Christmas when we get moved. Sorry :(