• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software Survey

openwood

Just wanted to take a survey of what people arer using to run there router tables.We have a 408 with art path and auto carve.
I am beginning to think that there is alot better out there for 3D carving.Any advice would be appreciated.
Brian

Dennis,
I know you have enroute and art path, what made you switch?:thankyou:

MAB SIGNS

We have a 408, not sure what we use to run it though, I will ask the operator and let you know. We create all artwork sent to it from Illustrator. Our operator does a good job of routing materials and I especially like the prismatic letters he routes.

dennis j

Brian,
I was looking at 2 different packages ArtCam and Enroute at the time Enroute was a fair amount less than ArtCam. They just came out with the true 3D for Enroute.

There are many advantages to moving up to a higher end software one big reason is that the jobs can be designed and edited right in the same program along with importing from other programs. With Enroute an object that has a tool path assigned to it can be resized with out deleting the tool path, the tool path is resized along with the object.

With Enroute you can scan and vectorize then apply tool paths as needed with out ever going to a different program.

If you go to Enroute or ArtCam web site they have a lot of information on the advantages of these high end software packages they are costly but are very powerful.

Hope this helps fire away with any questions and I will try to help.:smile:

openwood

Thanks for the advice, I will look into those software titles.As far as design and vectorizing is concerened, that is a job for a designer, Which i am not and will never claim to be.I just the guy that has to make there crazy Ideas go from paper to product.
Besides they will not touch a PC
Apple and AI all the way for them.
I am the only one in the shop that is fimilar with PC operation at all.
Brian

:unclesam: