• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software to run PC600

sticker_dude

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie to posting, but I've read & learnt an awful lot through this terrific site!
I've bought a Roland PC600 for an entry level machine for myself, and yes I know I should use it as a door stop, but it was extremely cheap!:peace!:
I've managed to do a print & cut test which is perfect, but I need to get a rip software to work with it to print & cut labels of my own.
I have Gerber Omega 2.0 which has an image rip option which unfortunately wasn't installed when the Spandex engineer first installed the system many years ago, and now when I try to install it from the disc, it asks for a password which I don't have because I acquired the machinery & software from the receivers of my old employment which folded in 2009.
The Roland I've purchased also came with a disc containing Flexisign 7.6V2 but when I try to install this, I get as far as Windows Installshield accepting English as language but then it justs does nothing!
My first choice would be to get my Gerber Omega running as a rip, so can anyone advise if it's possible to get a password, other than contacting Spandex.
Other roption would be to get Flexisign running as a rip, so does anyone have any thoughts on why it won't load up?
Another option I suppose would be to install a different software but I really need to use it as a print & cut, and I'm almost too familiar with the Omega software.
I'm running 32 bit Windows XP which is ok for the Roland PC600, as I loaded the drivers & actually printed images through Omega as a 'printer' option.
I'm open to any suggestions & advise (apart from put in the skip), and I'll post any further info on request.
Thanx in advance
sticker_dude:thankyou:

thewvsignguy

Yup and used ours again over the weekend for some trophies! I just can't seem to part with it.....

We use a 32 bit XP system with Flexi 7.6 to run the noisy, slow ol' beast but it prints great.

:Welcome:You might look at your firewall settings, as I remember a splash screen comes up first that runs off the disk.

sticker_dude

if the omega has the thermal package that should be all you need - IIRC this is a thermal printer not inkjet
Thanx for prompt reply.
The omega is used to run the Gerber edge which is thermal.
And I've managed to install the Roland PC600 into the GQ manager inside omega, which allows me to print! but I need the 'image rip' part of the software to do the print & cut!:notworthy:

sticker_dude

Yup and used ours again over the weekend for some trophies! I just can't seem to part with it.....

We use a 32 bit XP system with Flexi 7.6 to run the noisy, slow ol' beast but it prints great.

:Welcome:You might look at your firewall settings, as I remember a splash screen comes up first that runs off the disk.
Thank you for your warm welcome (hope my new purchase is as good as yours)
Which settings in the firewall do I need to look at?
Just to reiterate, when I try loading the Flexisign, I get asked for which language, to which I click English, it then says 'Installshield will guide you through etc. then runs the bar across to 99%, then disappears & stops!
I've tried running as 95, 98 etc but none let me in!
I think I have Macafee firewall by the way!:banghead:
Love these icons.....lol

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Get the PC600 windows driver here:
http://www.rolanddg.co.jp/en/down5oad.html
This will make it a windows printer
Then you should be able to print and cut directly from CorelDraw or Illustrator.
With the size you would normally print on a Colorcamm you can get away without a dedicated RIP.

wayne k
guam usa

sticker_dude

Get the PC600 windows driver here:
http://www.rolanddg.co.jp/en/down5oad.html
This will make it a windows printer
Then you should be able to print and cut directly from CorelDraw or Illustrator.
With the size you would normally print on a Colorcamm you can get away without a dedicated RIP.

wayne k
guam usa
Thanx Wayne, I'll try that out later.
I would still love to be able to use my Gerber Omega as an image rip even if it's just practice for when I progress into inkjet, plus I've been using the software since birth! or so it seems.
Flexisign has been recommended to me as another option if that fails!
Carl

thewvsignguy

Not sure about Macafee, we use AVG and Norton. Call the Macafee tech support and see if they can help. I'll check our settings when I get to the shop and let you know this evening.

Sign Works

Personally I have found Flexi-Sign Pro to be the most efficent software to run my PC-600, gives you much more control than Roland's Color Choice or using the XP Windows driver and printing directly out of Corel Draw or Illustrator. I have been running my PC-600 for about 10 years on Flexi without any issues (clean the right hand leading edge of the print head with a head cleaning pen immediately after each print session, this is the key to a maintenance free PC-600).

RunAwayGraphix

I use the RCC for Colorcamm that came with my PC600, works great, click and drag my EPS file, set my options and off we go. you can stack more than one job in the que to.

ptmaxx

Just puschase a pc600 but I didnt get rcc for color cam program. Any ideas on where I can get this?

Robert M

Pc 600

I may have one, pm me and remind me to look for it. I have some of the ribbons for sale

Last edited:

ptmaxx

Personally I have found Flexi-Sign Pro to be the most efficent software to run my PC-600, gives you much more control than Roland's Color Choice or using the XP Windows driver and printing directly out of Corel Draw or Illustrator. I have been running my PC-600 for about 10 years on Flexi without any issues (clean the right hand leading edge of the print head with a head cleaning pen immediately after each print session, this is the key to a maintenance free PC-600).

is there something i can clean the head with..it didnt come with a cleaning pen and what points should i clean. THANKS

ptmaxx

So im still searching for answers and solutions. I have a roland disc that come with the printer..my question is on the disc I see color choice but I dont see RCC for colorcamm. are they the same?