• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Software to view vector files

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I think OP means as a preview like windows photo viewer. Or view icons as the image.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Currently there is no really good one-stop solution for browsing graphics files, particularly vector-based graphic files.

I use Adobe Bridge to visually preview Adobe Illustrator AI, EPS and PDF files. I installed CorelDRAW with the thumbnails extension so CDR-based content will show up visually in Windows file explorer. The combination of those two covers most of the bases. But then there are newer outlier applications, such as Affinity Designer, Vectornator, etc, which complicates the issue further. You typically have to launch those applications to get any sort of preview in their specific file types.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Currently there is no really good one-stop solution for browsing graphics files, particularly vector-based graphic files.

I use Adobe Bridge to visually preview Adobe Illustrator AI, EPS and PDF files. I installed CorelDRAW with the thumbnails extension so CDR-based content will show up visually in Windows file explorer. The combination of those two covers most of the bases. But then there are newer outlier applications, such as Affinity Designer, Vectornator, etc, which complicates the issue further. You typically have to launch those applications to get any sort of preview in their specific file types.

Actually Adobe bridge is a great file viewer for photos, illustrations & vids.
It's more so getting use to using it.

Craig Keller

Vectorworks Viewer This is all you need.

Info and download :d:
is this free?

jimdtg

is this free?
That is wrong direction.

Vectorworks Viewer
The Vectorworks Viewer is a free resource from Vectorworks, Inc. that allows you to share Vectorworks drawings with clients, colleagues, and print vendors who may not have a copy of the Vectorworks software. Users can launch the Vectorworks Viewer to easily view and print Vectorworks drawings. In addition, they can use 2D and 3D tools to pan, zoom, measure, and change views, and they can simulate movement over, around, and through models.

The viewer does not contain any drawing or editing tools, so you can be confident that the integrity of your design is maintained.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'm not familiar with Vectorworks. But reading through some of the knowledge base articles the application appears to be primarily designed for viewing certain 3D modeling files. It shows support for viewing EPS and PDF files, but details are not very clear on that. It does not appear to support viewing Adobe Illustrator AI files and does not look like it has any support at all for viewing CorelDRAW CDR files. So basically Vectorworks does not appear to be something that I would need at all. I'll stick with Bridge and the CDR extension for Windows File Explorer.

Craig Keller

I'm not familiar with Vectorworks. But reading through some of the knowledge base articles the application appears to be primarily designed for viewing certain 3D modeling files. It shows support for viewing EPS and PDF files, but details are not very clear on that. It does not appear to support viewing Adobe Illustrator AI files and does not look like it has any support at all for viewing CorelDRAW CDR files. So basically Vectorworks does not appear to be something that I would need at all. I'll stick with Bridge and the CDR extension for Windows File Explorer.
Same thing I got of it as well. Back in the 2000s I used thumbsplus.com it was great then and still out there. I invested in that today. It creates thumbnails on the fly.