• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help *** SOLVED ***Omega 6.5 will not output to HS15Plus

Skeezix

Sorry to bother again.
New Omega 6.5 Windows 10. Gerber specific USB adapters for LPT to Edge and COM for HS15 Plus.
Did a simple lay out and printed just fine
Can not get the cutter to cut!
Tried Test Cut
Tried some random shapes
Played install re install on and off and etc & nothing.
Any thoughts on a Saturday with a job due on Monday?

faRjStSqfCnN2HDUA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/faRjStSqfCnN2HDUA
^ Link to nonsensical Error Codes images that pressing F1 helps zero.

Skeezix

Hi Fred,
No I does't seem to be in the bottom task bar - I think that is where to look?

Also I started to re read the pdf that came with the USB-TO-SERIAL Conversion Kit (2010) P83305A that Denco sold me ... there is only mention of GS plotters, and when I searched the PDF for "HS" I got nothing

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Probably because the HS series is no longer manufactured or sold. It should, however, show up in a selection list when you install the HS-15 using the System Tray installer. But the first thing you want to look for is that the System Tray even sees an available comm port for the HS-15 to install to being provided by the USB to Serial adapter.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
i am afraid i haven't done one in quite a while, so i can't give you the default settings, but the usb adapter is not "plug & play" in that you still have to match all the settings for the port created to the settings for your plotter

ie:9600 1, none (port speed, stop bit, flow control)

everyone always says only the gerber adapter works, this is because troubleshooting a serial connection with hyperterminal is a lost art

also, be sure if there are legacy serial ports on the motherboard of the pc, that you go into bios and disable them (disabling in device manager just isn't enough)

Jburns

Please take a screenshot of your device manager - and show us the serial- usb adaptor displayed for the plotter . Then check port settings under that adaptor and make sure the settings match what the HS15 should be

Skeezix

First the great news : Solved !
Secondly : All thanks to you folks and a good nights sleep.
Third : Link to the errors and relates images to help the next person : https://photos.app.goo.gl/faRjStSqfCnN2HDUA
Device Manager.JPG

Fourth : In case Google changes image storage some day : Install drives via Device Manager & confirm that the output port is set to COM (port number) that is being replicated NOT USB, COM 4 in my case.

netsol

Premium Subscriber
with usb devices, always install the driver from disk first, then plug in the device

and yes geoz, installing an expansion card makes a lot of sense, although some people are unnerved by taking the covers off, and the expansion card still needs to have settings tweaked