• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

solvent printable art papers

Letterbox Mike

I have a client looking for "artsy" papers for some art reproductions. We've got canvas down, but they're looking for some recycled-looking or cotton papers, or watercolor-type papers. Does anybody know of any? I've searched Sihl and Magic's sites and don't really see anything too out of the ordinary like this guy is looking for.

Sticky Signs

Last time I checked (about 3 years ago), there was no such thing. All the fancy paper had to be printed with water based ink. Hopefully somebody has come up with a solution. Let us know what you find.

Letterbox Mike

Just found some watercolor paper on LexJet's site that is supposedly solvent printable. Ordered a sample roll... fingers crossed...

Still trying to track down something recycled looking but I'm probably out of luck.

toli13

Will be difficult to find those specialities for solvent. That's why I bought a pigment ink printer. Would be interesting to hear about that watercolour paper.
Tilo

artbot

i don't work with papers but i'd imagine you could size just about any paper you want with cab lacquer and it would print. for a quick test, get your client to bring you a paper that they like and spray it with krylin clear (krylon clear won't work as good as a professional cab but it will give you and idea of the look you will get).

is there any known clear coat that is used for pretreating substrates out there? seems i read about a few when solvent ink first came out.