• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Solvent Printer Ventilation??

greasygroove

Hi

I was wondering if anyone could tell me any suggesstions for ventilating a solvent printer? How much does it usually cost and what does it involve?

Thanks a lot:help:

Barry

Most solvent printer dealers will have a scrubber that they sell. Generally they are about $5,000...

greasygroove

pigment?

Thanks.

I actually should have said pigment ink. Will a scrubber work with pigment ink? What exactly does a scrubber do? Sorry if I sound clueless, I'm new to this and I'm trying to gather together as much info as possible.

Thanks a lot

iSign

I have a 63" Mimaki & I bought the Island Clean Air Duster for around the 5K pricetag Barry warned you about (minus all the discounts Advantage gave me on my printer/cutter/laminator/scrubber deal)

I forgot to turn it on a few times that first week & that is the only reason I even know that my inks smell (& eventually my eyes feel irritated too) Now that I have my routines more familiar, I never smell any fumes. The duster is rated for a 2000 sq. ft. room. I have only 750, so often I don't turn the dial up to full blast (it makes a noise like a fan.. not a big deal, but something to be aware of.

You can run duct work ut the roof & put a fan up there to pull out the fumes, but then if you rearrange the shop or move to a new location, you will incur ventilation expenses again. so I went with the duster knowing I would then be set for venting no matter what the future holds.

Barry

greasygroove said:
Thanks.

I actually should have said pigment ink. Will a scrubber work with pigment ink? What exactly does a scrubber do? Sorry if I sound clueless, I'm new to this and I'm trying to gather together as much info as possible.

Thanks a lot

You dont need to ventilate pigment inks as they have no harmful chemicals in them.