• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Something other than PhotTex?

DeeHutch

Hey guys and gals, I"m looking for real time feedback on what everyone's favorite material would be for interior / painted drywall wraps. I've used PhotoTex for years, but lately I'm getting a request for something that's not such a Matte look. I understand that the matte look is needed for interior applications so there is no glare, but i'd like a material with a satin finish? Something other than a matte that helps the art pop a bit more? Below are what I would be looking for primarily. Thanks in advance.

• Has to allow for "edge to edge" printing like Phototex does
  • Has to be removable / re-positionable like Phototex
  • Safe for painted drywall surfaces
  • Something with not such a Matte finish, but definitely not a high-gloss either

jfiscus

Rap Master
I've used some of the other vinyls that are like Phototex (I believe they're by GFP?) and had some adhesive issues (edges curling prints coming off walls) so we have decided to stick with phototex.
I've noticed that increasing the ink density (like you would for a backlit sign) can effect the appearance/vibrance of phototex. You could also try a spray-on liquid laminate to change the finish.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Mojave Sign Ad might be what you are looking for. It's a vinyl that is made specifically for walls and windows and is repositionable. It's more of a satin finish and is a little thicker so it's easier to apply. I don't know what about Phototex makes it able to print edge to edge but Sign Ad does not have such a feature. In my experience it's the printer that allows you to do that. We print all of our interior signage on this material and have some prints that have been up for about 5 years. I pull the corners off once in a while to see if it damages the drywall at all and it just peels right up.

d fleming

Maybe a cover of thin clear plastic? We've done that for areas where little kiddies (and big ones) tend to be touchy feely.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey guys and gals, I"m looking for real time feedback on what everyone's favorite material would be for interior / painted drywall wraps. I've used PhotoTex for years, but lately I'm getting a request for something that's not such a Matte look. I understand that the matte look is needed for interior applications so there is no glare, but i'd like a material with a satin finish? Something other than a matte that helps the art pop a bit more? Below are what I would be looking for primarily. Thanks in advance.

• Has to allow for "edge to edge" printing like Phototex does
  • Has to be removable / re-positionable like Phototex
  • Safe for painted drywall surfaces
  • Something with not such a Matte finish, but definitely not a high-gloss either

I have about 6 materials that will fit this application and will be very similar to Phototex. If you are interested in some swatches, let me know.